1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Miles Austin could return this week

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by 03EBZ06, Nov 29, 2011.

1. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he anticipates Miles Austin will play Sunday after missing three games with a strained right hamstring, although Jones added that the team would exercise caution with their No. 1 receiver.

"I do, yes," Jones said during his Tuesday appearance on KRLD-FM when asked if he expected Austin to play against the Arizona Cardinals. "But I don't know. I saw him yesterday and he was moving around real well.
    [Austin] said he could go Sunday, but we'll see how this week goes along.
    "We don't want to push that, because we've got a lot of football ahead of us. By the same token, we could use him. We've missed him."

Austin, who played in the last two Pro Bowls, has missed a total of five games with hamstring injuries this season. The Cowboys are 4-1 without him.

For the rest ---> http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ys-jerry-jones-expects-miles-austin-back-week
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,867 Messages
    2,645 Likes Received
    I would sit him until the Giants game. 100% healthy Offense for the final 4 game push.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,624 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received

That's my thinking as well. I don't want him rushed back in any way.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,451 Likes Received
    For me if he is ready he is ready. If the training staff thinks an extra week makes a differance then hold him out if not then we need to get him out there.
  5. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I also feel it would be good to get him some action before the big game with the Giants.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would let him sit until the Giants game honestly... I would not risk any setbacks!
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,477 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Austin is to valuable....sit him till Giants.
  8. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let him get a couple snaps in AZ to knock any rust off, but don't let him start until the GINAS game.
  9. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    lol @ this sit him til the Giants talk.. He has been out for weeks & if he isn't ready to play this year with the hamstring, then he'll never be a go.. Get him out there as soon as he feels he is ready & if he is saying himself that he can go, then I trust his own opinion.. Like Rynie said above he'll be able to knock the rust off & get confident in the hamstring where he can play all out.. Or even if he is coming in on 3rd downs, he is still valuable to have out there
  10. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,246 Messages
    4,189 Likes Received
    This.
  11. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,499 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    If I were Jerry, I would sit Austin another week so that Robinson could continue carrying my fantasy team. :p:
  12. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If he and his trainers think he is 100%, I wouldn't sit him completely. But I would play him sparingly. I'd like him to get his football legs underneath him so he is completely ready and dialed in to play the Giants rather than to be raw and rusty. If he's 100%, he might as well shake some rust off. Play him in a few packages to contribute and to get his football legs underneath him and get his timing back.

Once he has some catches and especially if the game is won, I'd sit him at that point.

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,571 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    He better really be 100%. If not he will re-injure himself yet again.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    If he's ready, I'd give him limited snaps this week, get him out there running full speed in a game situation. If it turns into a blowout, then I'd put him in there on every snap in garbage time.

Otherwise, bring him back for the NY Giants.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would sit him another week.
  16. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,477 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Wait what?

Why? In garbage time he might get hurt
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah I don't get that comment at all. That would be the worst thing we could do.