1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Phil Costa not assured starting center spot

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,052 Likes Received
    Oct 8
    10:02
    AM CT

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – For the first time since the opening week of the season, center Phil Costa will practice but he is not guaranteed to return to his starting spot on the Dallas Cowboys offensive line Sunday at Baltimore.

“The offensive line is like every other position on our team,” coach Jason Garrett said. “We’re going to create competition. We don’t have a rule that says this guy was the starter and then he got hurt and you can’t lose your job to injury. We don’t have any of those rules. We’re going to make our best decision.”

“What we have to do is watch him and see what his health is like and see what he’s able to do,” Garrett said.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4698981/phil-costa-not-assured-starting-center-spot
  2. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    The issue with that mentality is that Costa knows there is nobody better than him at that position. They need to bring some real competition and cut Dockery at the Guard spot.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,673 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    Um, Costa is a bum. I seriously cant believe the amount of optimism about his return. You are all kidding right?
  4. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,340 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    Who is Garrett going to create competition with? Ones just as bad as the next.
  5. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    He never spoke to the quality, but one of those turds will stink the least and that will be what they roll out there on Sunday. :)

Man I hope Phil Costa proves me very, very wrong about his career path.
  6. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    No doubt Jerry could promote the competition WWF style and call it "The Battle of the Bottom of the Barrel" and sell tickets,,, oh wait, they already sell tickets for it (suckers!)
  7. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

945 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Let's have some competition over who is the OC, the HC, the GM, the VP of ...
  8. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

848 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I can see how Costa is going to have a tough time breaking into this starting OL . Blocks of granite they are. Of course, they move like a block of granite too. :bang2: