1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPND: Random Thoughts from Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 25, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,138 Messages
    6,919 Likes Received
    Jan 25
    9:00
    AM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

MOBILE, Ala. -- We're leaving the Senior Bowl after three days of nice, cool weather, and here's some notes:

1. The Cowboys are doing their due diligence regarding the quarterback position. I don't believe the Cowboys will draft one, but they did interview Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden on Sunday. Jerry Jones said if the team picks up a quarterback, it has to be a veteran who can move quickly in the offense. Weeden's age, 28, means he's a little more mature than some rookie quarterbacks and he picked up the Washington Redskins offensive terminology pretty quickly during practices here.

2. Finding a cornerback is a must for the Cowboys. When Jones says there will be new faces on the roster at that position, he's telling the truth. Alan Ball, Frank Walker, Terence Newman and quite possibly Abram Elam might be gone from the 2011 roster. The Cowboys interviewed troubled corner Janoris Jenkins, but one corner to watch is Georgia's Brandon Boykin. He's 5-9 1/4 and 183 pounds. He plays physical and can play the slot and outside. Boykin can also return kicks and punts.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689800/random-thoughts-from-senior-bowl
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,520 Messages
    9,687 Likes Received
    I'd move on. We need a youth movement on defense.
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,893 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Love to have him as an Asst Coach. As a player he is done.
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I saw him in the Outback BOwl: kid is a real talent: IF he's there at 14 should we snatch him? I think we should draft the best available CB or DT.....then try like heck to sign 2 olinemen in free agency: a guard and a center preferrably. We just haven't had much success in drafting INTERIOR olinemen for whatever reason. THEN address ILB, Safety,DE and backup qb with rounds 2-7. Best plan I can come up with..........
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,893 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    really hard to draft a cb who is 5'9" at 14.

i believe he is a legit r2 target tho possibly after we draft.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    2" taller

[IMG]

drafted 7th.

I just wouldn't draft Boykin at 14. Surprised Jayron Hosley isn't mentioned as a first rounder.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Wohooo! Status quo on defense!
  8. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    I would love Boykin in round 2, no way at 14.
  9. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    I really hope this team isn't afraid to move on from Brooking. Don't worry about being nice to him, it's not like he's a future Ring of Honor candidate trying to retire with them. He had 3 years here, time to move on. What's the point of keeping him in a "reduced" role when we know he's running on empty instead of giving that spot to someone who could use a chance to prove that he's got something for the future?
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He just ripped his own teammates' talent level on NFL Network.

It's time to move one. He's part of the problem, too. I don't think he returns.
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    What did he say?
  12. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    No kidding what did he say?