1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Sean Lissemore: Jay Ratliff's backups are ready

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 28, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,340 Messages
    4,304 Likes Received
    Aug 27
    2:09
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys hope that Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff will make a remarkable recovery from a high ankle sprain and play in the season opener.

They’ll prepare as if Ratliff won’t be available Sept. 5 against the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants.

That leaves Sean Lissemore and Josh Brent, a couple of reserves trying to earn larger roles in their third NFL seasons, splitting the nose tackle duties.

“That’s our job,” Lissemore said. “We’ve prepared for it, we’re paid for it, so we’re ready for it.”

“I’ve prepared myself at nose tackle, left end, right end, dime, nickel, everything,” Lissemore said. “Depending on the situation in the game, that’s where I’m going to be playing. That’s a role that I embraced. It’s necessary and I’m ready to step up in that role.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...sean-lissemore-jay-ratliffs-backups-are-ready
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,812 Messages
    2,080 Likes Received
    I really like both of these guys in Lissemore and Josh Brent, no doubt still a loss for the defense should Rat not be able to play but I think these 2 guys will help fill the void should Rat not be able to go.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,360 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I'm predicting Lissemore gets a sack on Eli.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,910 Messages
    1,298 Likes Received
    The Giants will run all over us if Brent is the starting NT and Lissemore is spelling him.
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,360 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I honestly believe that will not happen.
  6. jr40usa

jr40usa Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Other than Ratliff, we have know Nose Tackle players. We still have guys that are basically forever projects.

Why can't we found a real nose tackle. Since going to the 3-4 defense we haven't had a real NT. I love Rat but he is not your traditional NT ie... Terrance Knighton, Sedrick Ellis, Kendall Langford, Ndamukong Suh and Casey Hampton to name a few.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,519 Messages
    5,248 Likes Received
    And yet, I'd take him over all those guys not named Suh. Go figure.