1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: ESPND: Wes Welker to welcome back Orlando Scandrick

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 11, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,233 Messages
    9,824 Likes Received
    Oct 10
    1:07
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas – Orlando Scandrick certainly won’t get an opportunity to ease his way back from an injury.

New England’s Wes Welker will welcome Scandrick when the Cowboys’ slot corner makes his comeback Sunday after missing three games with a high ankle sprain.

“It’s a huge challenge,” Scandrick said after practicing Monday for the first time since being injured in the season opener. “They said today he’s on pace for 2,600 yards or something crazy, but going into this game, I’m going to make him work. We’re going to see what happens. It’s going to be a great challenge.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...es-welker-will-welcome-back-orlando-scandrick
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

13,705 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    love the attitude
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,753 Messages
    1,888 Likes Received
    I love the attitude but I hope he's able to simply do the best job he can of minimizing Welker. I'm not asking for him to shut him down, or anything like that, just to minimize the impact he has out there.
  4. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,895 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I know Welker is quick and it's hard to get a hand on him to slow him down coming off the LOS. However, he can't avoid the defender every time and whenever I got the chance I think I'd try to knock him down. Not just push him off his route; knock him on his butt. Easier said than done.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,541 Messages
    1,659 Likes Received
    I still believe Welker will see more of Newman than he will of Scandrick. Either way, Welker will get his. He is virtually unstoppable. And if you pay too much attention to him, Brady will kill you with Branch and the TE's.

This game is going to be a track meet. It was take 35+ points to win this game, IMO.