1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPNDallas: Could Erik Walden return to the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Risen Star, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,813 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I like. Then, draft Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd and release Alex Albright.
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting, he hadnt done much of note prior to last year in which he started 15 games and played pretty well. I'd be on board with this, he certainly did more last year than Victor Butler ever has.
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,486 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    GB fans don't appear to like him very much. He played much better in 2010 than he did last year according to them and they feel anything over league minimum is overpaying.
  5. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,606 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    A lot of players on that D played better in 2010 than they did in 2011, but it bears noting. I think he benefitted in 2010 from having a lot of better players around him, and honestly I don't think teams game-planned for him at all.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,229 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    Might as well kick the tires you never know. I love the idea of competition in training camp and preseason.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......I watch about 6 packer games a year and he was absolutely non EXISTENT last season guys: no debate about it. This guy is guy is too busy beating up his girlfriend to concentrate on football: JAG as a player: PASS
  8. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,622 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    No turds, please.

We have kept relitively clean and most of that old under achieving regime we used to employ outside of Romo, Ware and Witten are almost all weeded out.

You want some extra pass rush? A situational pass rush guy?

Mark Anderson from the Patriots. 10 sacks last year and a few forced fumbles in strictly pass rush situations.

He's 28.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    I think Hightower might be the surprise pick in the 1st round. He can do a lot of things and, with a year of experience, could challenge Spencer at outside LB next year.
  10. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......nice post: plus Anderson is a quality guy, not scum like Walden:cool:
  11. AKATheRake

3,622 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Thank you!

May I add he also has played in 2 Superbowls, 1 each with the Bears and the Pats?

To boot, quite a bit of playoff experience and recorded 2.5 sacks and 11 tackles in the Pats 3 playoff games this past season?

I have a thread up to discuss ;) .
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Lets see what the draft brings.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,665 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Walden is another one of those picks that I hated for us to make. Much like Josh Thomas last year. Why the hell are we gonna draft these guys that obviously are a ways off and then cut them before the season starts? Walden was NEVER gonna show enough in camp to justify staying here, so why waste the pick?
  14. AKATheRake

3,622 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    You're right.

At best maybe to send a message at the position and create some temporary competition?
  15. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The regular season happens. When injuries occur, they, the Cowboys, have to figure out which developmental project is the least valuable. Guys like Walden, and Thomas are those developmental guys. They might develop, but sometimes another team develops them.
  16. mortboy

mortboy Member

781 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I think with both of these guys, they thought they could slide them on to the practice squad. If memory serves, they were both snatched up by other teams before we could do that. Walden with the Chiefs and Thomas with the Panthers.
  17. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  18. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,280 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Eatman at DC.com said they are not interested in Walden for what it is worth!
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,482 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    Probably because the people doing the picking aren't the same ones doing the cutting.
  20. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good! no way I want this guy. if they arent that talented I would rather go with at least a young guy with a high ceiling