1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPNNY: Fewell: Coe will start at cornerback

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TheFinisher, Sep 2, 2012.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,501 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Perry Fewell confirmed that Michael Coe will be the starter at cornerback in place of the injured Prince Amukamara.

"He'll get the start," Fewell said. "In the OTAs, Michael performed well and really gave us the confidence that we had another guy that was competing at corner."

"Michael can run, he is very fast," Fewell added later. "Michael is physical and is not afraid. And Michael has a very strong mentality. If he doesn't have success on a play, we can chew his (rear) out and he'll come back and make a play for you. So I like his mental makeup also."

Amukamara has a high ankle sprain and is hoping to play in Week 2 against Tampa Bay. Fewell did not say who he is leaning toward playing as the nickel back against slot receivers. But it could be safety Antrel Rolle, who handled that role last year at times.

"It can be Rolle," Fewell said. "It could be Will Hill. It could be Jayron (Hosley). We’ve liked the way he’s practiced. We don’t really know, so we’ve got three guys ready."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16656/fewell-coe-will-start-at-cornerback

Good luck trying to hang with Mr. Bryant, you're gonna need it buddy...
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,242 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    Who ever it is they choose upon, better get boning up quickly upon the prosect of facing up with Miles Austin!:giants:
  3. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,882 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    There is your exploit player!
  4. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,932 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    We have a history of NOT exploiting weaknesses. I fully expect the mentality of,"They are expecting us to attack their db's so lets run up the gut instead.". I really like how JG wants to build the team but I think he overthinks things sometimes.