1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

everyone's favorite players (Ron Brace & Sean Smith)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    NFLDraftScout updated their rankings and according to them both won't be there w/ our 2nd round pick, they have Sean Smith ranked 37th and Ron Brace 48th

we'll have a shot to draft either Oklahoma OG Duke Robinson (#50) and Cincinatti DE Connor Barwin (#53)

Ron Brace = overrated...big time
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Just because a player is ranked at a specific number, does not mean he will be drafted by that specific number.

Just saying.
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed, I think Bob is hoping for Barwin to be there with our first pick. I'm almost certain Barwin is going to be gone in the first round.
  4. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    I like Barwin a lot.

He is a better OLB than Spencer to me day 1. He would be a great fit in a rotation with Spencer that allows you to release Greg Ellis.

But... he won't address the huge holes we have at DT or FS.

I'd rather have Delmas, Brace, Sean Smith.

Brace imho is not at all overrated. This kid has a great motor and looked really good at the Senior Bowl. It reminds me a lot of the Shaun Rogers/Casey Hampton deal where I liked Hampton more though he was rated a round lower. It's not about 40 times and combine drills for Nose tackles.

We don't need Brace to get sacks for us. We need a guy to push two blocker into the backfield every play and then be willing to turn and chase plays down the field.

Someone advocated adding a second 2nd round pick and I am all for that as the value seems very strong in r2 this year.

Safety is a deep position. CB is awful. OLB is strong, QB is weak.
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    You mean like Matt Leinart being ranked #1 overall by some yet not being drafted till 10th. Or the embarrassment suffered by Brady Quinn since he was ranked much higher than the 22nd spot he was drafted in?

:laugh2:
  6. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you're confusing Brace with Raiji brace ain't running no one down from behind with his 5.52 and he wasn't good at senior bowl. Unless looking slow and lethargic means that you look good. I question his motor and his lack or moves...bull as his only move won't hold up at the next level.
  7. dmoore

dmoore New Member

449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think landing Barwin would be a very successful draft. Not the biggest need, but pass rushers are always a nice addition.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    except Brace doesn't do that

he is good at stacking up the line, and then turning to chase down the back who gets through it though