1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Ex-Cowboy: Romo’s INTs were his fault, but Cowboys wouldn't have won 3 games w/o him

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 2, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,204 Messages
    5,762 Likes Received
    By Tim Cowlishaw / Columnist
    wtcowlishaw@dallasnews.com
    10:43 pm on December 31, 2012 | Permalink

Former Cowboy Danny White saw every Tony Romo pass this season as the analyst for the club’s national radio broadcasts. He mostly loved what he saw.

“I’m not sure this team would have won more than three games this season with others at quarterback,” White said. “I’d like to see Peyton [Manning] or some others who aren’t mobile try to perform with what Tony had around him. And I just really liked the way he played the second half of this season, throwing out of the pocket, setting his feet, cutting the interceptions way down. I thought in many ways it was his best season.”

“If you broke down his first 16 interceptions this season, maybe 10 involved some breakdown and six were on him,” White said. “Last night, all three were on Tony. That last one where he didn’t set his feet and tried to throw over a guy, oh, it’s the same kind of throw he made against [the Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul] that went for a touchdown.

“Every quarterback ought to be entitled to have a bad game. Now I know the next question is: Why does it have to be the biggest game?”

More: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...boys-would-have-won-3-games-without-him.html/
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You're the man Danny.. but come on, now.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    He speaks the truth. The protection he has in front of him is historically bad.

An annoying truth some fans don't want to admit.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,672 Messages
    6,426 Likes Received
    QFT. I think Danny White's been reading my posts. What do you guys think? :)
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,307 Messages
    3,036 Likes Received
    I think White is right. Last game Romo made the mistakes and paid for it. I heard he was so upset he threw his helmet and it got intercepted as well. :D
  6. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Such bs. Peyton reads defenses better and gets rid of the ball when he should. If we had Peyton we'd be in the playoffs. Only a fool would think otherwise.
  7. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    A little before my time, but from everything I have ever seen and read, Danny White was unfairly ripped apart.
  8. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Like you know more than Danny does about playing the QB position :rolleyes:

:laugh2:The only bs is your post

Manning would have been permanently retired if he had played behind the Dallas line this season...

Get a clue...

:starspin
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,835 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    Sorry Danny but I can't agree with you. Manning kept the Colts relevant years after most of their talented players left. And 3 games? The Cowboys won 5 with those awful qbs from the early 2000's. I think he sympathizes with Romo because of the way he was treated by the fans.
  10. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Saying the team would have only won 3 games without Romo isn't the truth. Its a hypothetical load of bull.
  11. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,808 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    The funny thing is that most of the us (and I really do mean most) were complaining about Jerry's lack of focus on the offensive line before the season started. Now it is like a forgotten thought that had little impact with the blame being thrown around from players to coaches.

/reality
  12. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

778 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Danny was a very good QB. He got the blame from those seeking a scapegoat.
  13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,654 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    You could argue that if we had Peyton he wouldn't have made it past week 3 with this offensive line. It probably explains why he went to the Bronco's and not the 49ers or the Dolphins. Bronco's have one of the best offensive lines in the league and ALWAYS have had a great o-line.
  14. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,789 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    The 49ers have a pretty good offensive line too. I think the reason why Peyton didn't go toe San Francisco is because he didn't want to be in the same conference with his brother.
  15. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,654 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    9ers line is good but its not as good as the Bronco's. And yea I believe part of it was his brother was in the NFC but if his only options were to play in Kansas City or play for the 49ers I believe he would've been in the NFC. Bronco's simply were the best choice for him. The best choice would've been the 49ers but for Peyton it was the Bronco's.
  16. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,617 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    What team would have the same record if you took their starting QB away? That is such a BS argument in support of Romo. Who's to say JJ wouldn't have signed Manning if he didn't have Romo or gone and signed another QB. I think everyone agrees that of the current QBs on the team, he gives them the best chance to win on any given Sunday but since the season is now over, we are no longer stuck with just the current QBs. They now have a chance to seek out a better option and that's all us so called haters want. After that latest choke job, it's time to look around and see if something better becomes available. That's all.
  17. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,246 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Hilarity.

Quality post.
  18. cowboyeric8

5,246 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Not making excuses for his last game. But Tony Romo has been making this team relevant since his emergence.
  19. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,496 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Peyton wouldn't have survived the season behind our line.
  20. cowboyeric8

5,246 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Quoted for truth. Not many QBs would have. Romo barely did, and it was painful seeing Tony pull himself off the turf time and time again.