1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Excited about Defense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sportsman, Jul 19, 2014.

1. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

785 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Sean Lee off season injury may work in the favor of big D. Lee. With Sean early injury his replacement will be ready when season start.
    casmith07 likes this.
  2. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,475 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Your just looking at the silver lining.Losing Sean Lee is a blow to the defense, no other way to look at it.

Lets hope it works in our favor, but we would be a far better defense witha healthy Sean Lee.
  3. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

7,291 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    I guess if there is one silver lining in this situation, it's the fact that Lee didn't get hurt during the season. I still wish we'd bring in a vet who has a decent amount of (recent) MLB starting experience to push the young guys and Durant.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,991 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    I hate the shorts stimulated season ending injuries...and just don't see a silver lining to it. The team has an opportunity, to address the need earlier. Not good in any problem resolution in the start of the off season, but doable.
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,566 Messages
    2,546 Likes Received
    By far I think the defense will be the Achilles Heel of this team. The offense will have to carry the load.
  6. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,994 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Barring a major surprise, we'll be missing Sean Lee a lot this season. Any other conclusion is more than likely wishful thinking.
    Nation and guag like this.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,679 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    Seriously?

:rolleyes:
    GloryDaysRBack likes this.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,848 Messages
    15,644 Likes Received
    I agree. Losing Sean Lee now allows us to get Anthony Hitchens ready.

It's good to see a little luck go our way for a change.
  9. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

961 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    Am I the only one that thought this thread was going to be about the OP getting a new fence installed?
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

27,759 Messages
    7,754 Likes Received
    You are so negative. Losing Sean Lee allowed us to get stud MLB Rolando McClain. If Lee stays healthy, we do not pull that heist off.
    coogrfan and NJ22 like this.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,848 Messages
    15,644 Likes Received
    Are you referring to the biggest defensive addition since Charles Haley?
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

27,759 Messages
    7,754 Likes Received
    Yes. I watched six games of his tape and I firmly believe we stole his services.
  13. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,474 Messages
    1,810 Likes Received
    while Lee going out when he did helped (will help) to get others ready, not having Lee is a huge negative toward the ability of the defense to progress.....it's like seeing a beautifully prepared steak that was cooked on the grill slide off of your plate as you try to bring it in the house, it falls on the ground, gets picked up by the neighbor's dog and off he goes with it...then you replace it with a peanut butter sandwich...sure, the stomach recognizes nourishment, but c'mon......

oh, and McClain is like it being crunchy peanut butter
    tantrix1969 and stasheroo like this.
  14. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,991 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    On the issue of Rolando McClain, he could both be a steal and a younger version of the function in the Bears with Brian Urlacher.
  15. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

7,291 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    Dear God, it's worse than we thought. :D
  16. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me?

3,628 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    Potentially AW
  17. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

7,291 Messages
    1,823 Likes Received
    In the UK, "defence" is the preferred spelling of the word I believe.
  18. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,620 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Get him ready to go the way of the infamous Matt Johnson, Isaac Stanbeck, AOA, and all of the rest of our smart front office reaches.
  19. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,991 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    Yep, like it is on the tellie.
  20. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

11,100 Messages
    2,639 Likes Received
    Our defense will be fine. More rough without Lee, but really, but how many were really expecting Lee to make it through the entire year. Yes, hoping thinking, it can't happen again can it.
    I don't go into any year thinking we will stay healthy this year. But I don't sit around waiting for them to happen either. This team still needs depth, wasn't that was why Hitchins was drafted.

There was no need to go out and address getting his replacement right after the injury. I figured they would wait until shortly before TC, if at all. If they tried to replace him right away, then they may have traded a higher draft pick, for probably a player that really wouldn't been much of a less risk than giving basically nothing for McClain. And if they did, people would have still whined about it.
    theSHOW and Fla Cowpoke like this.