1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Excited for the Broncos game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ntegrase96, Oct 4, 2013.

1. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    I just hope we keep it close, if we get blown out, the wheels will begin to come off. Finger pointing will commence.
  2. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,599 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    To put things in perspective, in 1992 the Boys lost game 4 to the Eagles 31-7. Rather than cry in their beer, they won their next five games and went on to win the Super Bowl.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    I wish we'd be throwing out a team like that on Sunday!
    pjtoadie likes this.
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,911 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Sorry. I just don't see it that way.

Either we're good or we're not. Right now, we're not that good and there's just no shame in losing to Denver because no one thinks we're going to win anyway. It's a footnote if they win, it's a headline if we win.

So if we lose, we're 2-3 which at worst means we're still tied for the division lead. Our destiny is still in our control.

So, to me, it's all gravy. We win, we make a legitimate march to the playoffs.

We lose, we still control our fate and see if we can improve and make the playoffs.

If we can't win the division when it's still in our control, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. We deserve better draft position.

Honestly the worst case scenario is that we win this division at 7-9 and pick in the low to mid 20s anyway.
  5. BoysFan4ever

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    There is just something wrong with football if a team can win their division at 7-9.

That is flat out bad.
  6. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    I'm excited to see Peyton Manning play in person for the first time. Other than that, it's going to be a blood bath.
  7. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,109 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received
    I certainly don't see it the way you do and many think I 'm one of the most negative people here. The Cowboys aren't that good but they aren't so bad they'll be no shame if they get trounced on Sunday especially at home. You claimed there's no embarrassment at stake which is ridiculous. Are you saying the players and coaches have no pride? I feel embarrassment just watching the team lose every other week. The Cowboys won games under Jimmy that no one thought they could win that's how they became a championship team. Heck they even won a game under Wade no one was giving them a chance to win. In 91 no one was giving the Cowboys a chance vs an 11-0 Washington team on the road but Jimmy would have none of it. The Cowboys won despite Aikman being knocked out of the game with a knee injury. That game was a huge turning point for the franchise. The Cowboys entered that game at 6-5 having just lost by 13 points to the Giants the previous week. The win over Washington led to a 6 game winning streak including a playoff win over Chicago. In 92 many weren't giving the Cowboys a chance on the road vs SF in the NFC title game but again the Cowboys stepped up and it led to their first championship in 15 years.

In 09 the Cowboys were having an up and down season and were once again struggling in Dec and NO ONE was giving them a chance on the road vs a red hot 13-0 Saints team. The Cowboys were riding a 2 game losing streak entering the game but stepped up and it turned their season around. They didn't lose another game the rest of the regular season and won their first playoff game in 13 years. The Cowboys have been nothing but an up and down mediocre team under Garrett ever since his first full season as HC in 2011. If things are ever going to change under him the Cowboys need to step up Sunday and make a STATEMENT! Practically every struggling organization that finally turned things around can point to one game that was turning point for their franchise. This could be the turning point for the Cowboys because if this game goes as expected the Cowboys season will probably go as expected.
    Nirvana likes this.
  8. BoysFan4ever

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    In huge HD too.
  9. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,293 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    That was a tough loss in philly. Later that year in Dallas it was the changing of the guard. Emmitt ripped their vaunted defnse and Reggie white was gasping for air in the 4th quarter as the OLine was taking it to him and the rest of the defense. One of my all tome favorite cowboy's games.
  10. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,293 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    Enjoy the game. Wish I was going.
  11. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Manning is a living legend. The guy will go down as one of, if not THE greatest QB to ever play the game. It's hard not to be excited when you're going to be playing against someone like that.
    Afigueroa22 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  12. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,962 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Oh great here come the unnecessary comparisons! This team is nothing like the 1992 team! Almost as bad as the hey we beat an undefeated Saints team a few years back. :cool:
  13. BoysFan4ever

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received

Yea I agree. He is special.
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,468 Likes Received
    I'm always excited to see the Cowboys play. I doubt this week will be any different.

There are no guarantees in pro sports, but the Broncos curb stomping the Cowboys this weekend is about as close to a guarantee as you're going to get. Still, I'll be amped for the game...and I'll be disappointed if they lose.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  15. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,599 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    I suppose one could argue none of this is "necessary", but I'm pretty sure the fans in 1992 were stunned when their 3-0 Cowboys, who were crushed by Detroit in the Divisional Playoffs 38-6 the previous year, got waxed by the Eagles 31-7. In any case, comparisons of today's Cowboys to the 1992 team are pretty much irrelevant. The point is an early season loss turned out to be meaningless, regardless of how the fans reacted at the time. I'm sure I could find a big early season victory that turned out to be meaningless, as well. Win or lose on Sunday, what matters is where we go from there. Win and we're 3-2; lose and we're 2-3. Either way, there is a lot of football left to be played.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    pjtoadie likes this.
  16. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Den 34
    Dal 31

Its time for Romo and this offense to show and prove. Its time for Romo to earn his money.
  17. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Looking forward to seeing the living legend, the sure fire lock hall of famer, maybe the best QB ever to play the game again
  18. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,419 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Agreed, in this league, nothing should be considered a given. And yes, I just like watching this team play, especially when they play well because I do believe they're talented enough to compete with anyone. In fact, I agree with everything in your post. Lol.
    Idgit likes this.
  19. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    To put things in perspective this isn't the 1992 Cowboys nor do they even slightly resemble them.;)
  20. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,977 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    I get pumped up for every game...the longer the wait for this game, the more excited I am getting...I am NOT conceding! This team seems to play to the level of competition, so hopefully the "A" game is brought out....this should be like a playoff game to the Cowboys but to the Broncos, this is just another game...oh, and in case anyone has any thoughts of Denver stumbling thinking about their next opponent, the Broncos has Jax @ home next week....