1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Falcons should draft Marcus Vick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Danny White, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That would be the perfect spot for him and could be a win/win if the Falcons could get him in Round 3 or 4.

He'd be good as a #3 developmental QB for them and could play a "Slash" role for them on offense and special teams.

They could ask Mike to take him under his wing and keep his nose clean and mentor him.
  2. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

790 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Falcons will take Huff in the first round. And Marcus Vick doesnt derserve to go the first day of the draft IMO.
  3. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    There's no chance Vick is a first rounder... I said rounds 3-4, and that's exactly where I think he'll go (ala Clarett).
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Wouldn't Mike Vick first have to keep his nose(or at least his little head) clean before he could teach young Marcus the same thing?
  5. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I just think it's going to be a hard sell for many franchises to tell their fans that drafting Marcus Vick is a good thing... I don't think that will be a problem in Atlanta.

Mike is no saint, apparently, but I think he could pass down some good habits to his little bro if they were on the same team.

I just think it would be intriguing to have little Vick apprenticing behind his brother... it's one of those moves that just makes too much sense.
  6. Letemburn

Letemburn Member

790 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I know i was just saying that the Falcons will take Huff in the first round. Since lots of us including me want Huff to slip to us, it wont happen. Falcons will take him, even if he drops to them.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    I think the move makes sense as well. They would be a good fit and to sell tickets, they could promote them as the flying Vick brothers or something. It was just the part about Mike teaching Marcus good habits. That part seemed a little comical, but the rest of your opinion seems right on.
  8. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    If he slips past 5, I would not mind taking a chance on him....he has to grow up sometime and then you have a 1st rd talent cheap!
  9. BigDInCharlotte

BigDInCharlotte Member

329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    I believe that this would be a horrible move.

It is my opinion that Marcus Vick is how he is, in no small part, because of who his brother is. Not saying it's Michael Vicks fault but I am saying that Marcus acts out because he probably hears nothing but "Your Brother Mike" this and "Your Brother Mike" that. It seems like he struggles to do anything to seperate himself. If this is indeed true, it would be a difficult situation for both he and Mike in Atlanta. Secondly, what happens to Marcus if he starts to develope? How does he assurt himself? How does he gain playing time? He won't develope the way he should if he goes to another team. How could he? Thirdly, what happens if the Falcons have to cut him after a couple of years or have to take disciplinary action with him? What happens if Mike takes issue? Then, the club has a problem with there star over his little brother who may not deserve the roster spot in the clubs opinion.

I just wouldn't like it.
  11. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A VT grad in my office just told me this... in short, he's been arrested for brandishing a firearm at a McD's.

What a tool. No way he'll be drafted now.

I still think it'd be funny if he ended up with the Falcons, though.
  12. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    If you are the Falcons, drafting Marcus Vick is a great move. You could get him at a deep discount due to his off the field problems and rely on him as the backup to Mike. If he goes for a 4th rounder or lower, I just dont see how they could pass him up, if he is available.
  13. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    What exactly do you mean by that? Michael Vick has been nothing but class and a model citizen since entering the NFL and while at Virginia Tech.
  14. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ron Mexico might disagree...
  15. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Washington should draft Marcus Vick.
    that would give S.Taylor a playmate
  16. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    Well lets see if Vick truly does have Herpes, that really puts him on the level of his brother, with his recent legal transgressions huh? Not quite
  17. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,253 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Seriously to lump Micheal in the same class as Marcus is absurd

Micheal was a good guy at Tech, stayed out of trouble there, and has been terrific in the NFL as a person. He needs to improve his ability to read a D, but he has been great on and off the field, even with the whole "Ron Mexico" thing

Marcus has had many well documented issues and really needs to grow up. Maybe not getting drafted and being forced to go to Canada will be his wake up call

Its too bad to, million dollar talent, 10 cent head
  18. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was only kidding.
    The 2 of them have thus far been 2 different stories, I'll agree.

Marcus Vick and obviously his brother Mike were born and raised in the same town I was/am. They along with the likes of Allen Iverson, Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Brooks, Ronald Curry and countless others as well. My hometown is a breeding ground for some of the best athletes in the world unfortunately it's not always conducive to a good upbringing.
  19. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,238 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    per Mort:

Ken (Macomb, IL): Is Marcus Vick undraftable now?

[IMG] Chris Mortensen: (11:20 AM ET ) I believe he has become undraftable. If he were a defensive back or wideout he might have a chance to come off the board on the second day even with all this stuff going on, but a QB is held to the highest standard in the league. That's one reason we don't see Quincy Carter in the league. He has to have the highest level of trust and confidence from everyone in the organization as well as the fans, and Marcus Vick certainly has done a lot of damage to himself in that regard.