1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fans Accost Matt Schaub At His Home

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 9, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    A source close to law enforcement told The Fred and Ted Show late Tuesday evening that Houston Police were contacted by the NFL after fans approached Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub at his home and berated him for his recent poor play.

No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

More: http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/fans-accost-matt-schaub-at-his-home/
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    Idiots need to get a life of their own instead of going to that guys house. One thing to boo him at a stadium or call into a show to complain about him or buy a bill board to get him removed from the team...but to show up at the mans house and harass him and his family is just idiotic.
    khiladi likes this.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,314 Messages
    3,037 Likes Received
    Yeah poor Matt is public enemy #1 here in Houston. Sign on freeway saying to cut Schaub and now this.
  4. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    houston police ‏@houstonpolice 21m
    Contrary to some reports, there was not a group of "angry fans" outside the Schaub residence on Monday.#hounews
    A family member reported seeing a suspicious male in the driveway of the residence taking pictures.
    Police were not called to the home. No other information to release at this time. #hounews
  5. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    NFL Security responds after fan incident at Schaub home
    • By Gregg Rosenthal
    • Around The League Editor
    NFL V.P. of security Jeff Miller confirmed Wednesday to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that the league was contacted after an incident at the home of Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub involving a fan.

"This is a little unusual in that we don't normally have fans acting in this way, going to a players residence that sort of thing," Miller said. "In this case, Monday afternoon, a vehicle pulled into his driveway, an unidentified individual yelled obscenities. The police department is involved. We've been in contact with them as we normally would for anything like this. And because its a team issue, they have a security director, we work with them.

"In this case, they'll be working closely with the police department. But it's going to be investigated and handled seriously by Houston Police Department."

Read the rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ty-responds-after-fan-incident-at-schaub-home
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,674 Messages
    6,428 Likes Received
    What an idiot.

Remember the story of the cartel members who shot a Colombian soccer player multiple times in a bar, shouting "Goal!" after each bullet, after he inadvertently scored on his own team in a tight World Cup match? This stuff is a few steps removed from that sort of thing, but it's what I always think about when I hear fans taking this stuff off the field.

EDIT, story here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrés_Escobar
  7. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    Now THAT's crazy!

Seriously? You know, I always knew international soccer fans were cuckoo, but that's on a whole 'nother level.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,674 Messages
    6,428 Likes Received
    Yeah. There was apparently some money lost on that game. That story always bothered me, though. One of those that just sticks with you for some reason.
  9. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Active Member

638 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,892 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    How would a fan even know where he lived? Stalking him?

They'll recover fast this week. They have the Rams.
  11. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
  12. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Active Member

638 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    That is strange.....why would they post the other article saying it didn't happen if it really did?
  13. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    Because of the timeline of the news..
    Original report came out last night.
    HPD posted on their twitter semi-denying it happened.
    However, the league came out about an hour later saying it did, but clarified the actual events of the night, which corroborated the original story.

And when you go back to the original report, the article never said mob of fans or anything like that. Story just got embellished along the way.

On a side note, I wonder if Schaub lives in a gated community. If he does, and he should, then whoever did it is somebody from their neighborhood.
  14. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    It's beyond idiotic. There is something wrong with people who feel the need to do this. I am about as passionate as they come for my team, and not once have I ever wanted to go berate Jason Campbell outside his house. And, if anyone deserved it, it's Campbell!
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,337 Messages
    1,225 Likes Received
    That isn't necessarily true. I often have to go to gated communities for construction work projects and it doesn't take much to enter the premises. I always have a legitimate reason to be there, but I have contemplated that it would be fairly easy to get through the gates for just about anyone for any purpose.
  16. WoodysGirl

66,204 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    Ok, gotcha! I've never lived in one outside of an apartment complex and those gates rarely worked. Thought it might be different in the high end areas.
  17. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Jeezus what losers. Should find out where they live and go there and berate these useless bottom-of-the-barrel non-productive waste-of-resources parasites for their pathetic meaningless lives.
  18. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,070 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    People take sports way to seriously!!! Its just a game and something to be Into. The country would be fine without all these pro sports.
  19. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,624 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Going way too far, if they want to put a note in the mailbox saying they think he sucks that is still going to far.
  20. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Yes, and it came against the United States of all nations. His life was chronicled in the ESPN 30 for 30 series documentary titled "The Two Escobars" (Andres and Pablo).