1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fans disconnected from front office thinking.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by nathanlt, Apr 27, 2012.

1. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Why is it that the fans seem to be the only ones placing a premium on a true 3-4 NT, and the Dallas personnel office doesn't take the opportunities that seem to be there?

A potential Haloti Ngata (not an exact replica, of course) drops to the 3rd, and the Cowboys do not flinch, they add a 3-4 DE.

What's missing here???
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    Fans are stupid. Ratliff is still productive and has a few more years left in him. Plus, they seems to love Brent.
  3. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could it be that Rob Ryan knows more about his defense than any of us do?
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    /thread
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    truth is most of the "true" NT fans clamor for end up amounting to nothing.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,704 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    They were looking for this years version of JJ Watt, the one that got away last year. (Yes, I was 100% behind Tyron Smith) Talking about what they are thinking.
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    Huh? I can only assume you are speaking about Ta'amu right? If so, Ngata and Ta'amu are completely different type of players.

Ta'amu can only play NT. Ngata is a far superior athlete and pass rusher, and can line up anywhere on DL.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,704 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Also Jerry said in Crawford presser they still like Geathers.
  9. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    Wanting a NT does not make you stupid and it doesn't mean you think Ratliff sucks or is washed up. We need to collapse pockets, that has nothing to do with Ratliff's pro bowls. Whatever needs to be done, even if it means selecting Crawford, do it.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Correctamundo.
  11. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    Dude, you totally quoted the least correct part of my post. :)
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    thinking a ngata clone is still around in r4 tho probably is.

i like alameda in r4 but he is a 1 or 2 down player; ngata is an every down guy who can play DE or NT. the only guy close to ngata is brockers which is why he went so high. these other guys dont have that athleticism. they are just big.

we have josh brent for big.
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    One of the things you're missing is Ngata has been a lifelong 3-4 DE. Terrence Cody is the Ravens nosetackle, and before that it was Kelly Gregg.
  14. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I'll break it down for you simply. Ratliff is a Pro Bowl nosetackle because he has incredible quickness and explosion off the ball, and is able to gain an advantage on slow footed guards and centers. People play guard and center because they're too slow to play tackle. Moving Ratliff out to DE makes him play against quicker footed DEs, which means you've just neutralized our best interior lineman and made him a JAG for the sake of plugging in a worthless fat tub of goo who also can't put any pressure on the QB. Congrats, you've somehow managed to make a bad pass rushing defensive line even worse. High five.
  15. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Well-Known Member

819 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    It should be pointed out that just because fans may be stupid, it doesn't mean the team isn't. The two concepts can exist at the same time.

We're the only 3-4 with a 300 lb NT. No, Dallas has it right. It's all them other teams that are doing it wrong.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Comes from my job. As a manager I have to avoid calling the rank and file that work for me stupid. I'll just leave it at that.
  17. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,630 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    I know how much you know by just looking at your sig.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Considering those other teams are electing our NT to the Pro Bowl, evidently they think we're doing it right.

I guess you believe you know more about what it takes to play in the 3-4 than Wade Phillips and Rob Ryan. I'm guessing it's nowhere close.
  19. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,268 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Thank you thank you thank you, I was just arguing today at the barber shop about this very same subject. also I once again got caught up arguing with one idiot barber who blames Romo for every loss. Every loss we have is Romo's fault in his space head.
  20. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I support this....