1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy Football QB Dilemma

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by ajk23az, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    First off, I know that I posted this in the wrong section but would like a response quickly as I have to decide soon to put in a claim for a player or not. Mods, feel free to delete/move this at your discretion!!!

12 team keeper league

My 2 QBs are Romo and Vick

We get to choose 2 keepers, my two are/were going to be Romo/McFadden. We then add $5 to the amount they were drafted in order to keep them. I drafted Romo for $19 and McFadden for $3. Vick is not eligible to be designated a keeper because I picked him up via FA and he was not drafted in our league.

As you all know, Romo is out, and the Eagles have a bye week this week.

Here is my situation. Both my QBs are out this week and we are only allowed 2 QBs on the team. Should I pick up Kitna and drop Romo or just go w/o a QB this week in order to make sure I still have Romo next year.

Here is my roster;...............................Here is my opponents roster:
    QB - ?..................................................Rivers
    RB - McFadden......................................Steven Jackson
    RB - Mendenhall.....................................Darren Sproles
    RB - Ronnie Brown...................................CJ Spiller
    WR - Colston..........................................Brandon Marshall
    WR - Dez................................................Devin Aromashodu (on a bye)
    TE - Vernon Davis....................................Zach Miller
    K - Janikowski .........................................Buehler
    DEF - Rams..............................................Steelers

I'm projected for 103 points w/o a QB and he is projected for 91. I think I could possibly squeeze out a win this week w/o a QB but would like some other guys input if possible!
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Guess I'm responding cause I'm bored but I would drop Vick and pick of another QB since Vick is hurt and on a bye week. Noone will probably pick him up and you can get him back after the bye week.

I don't think you have a choice unless you have a good record and can afford the lost.
  3. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,414 Messages
    1,027 Likes Received
    Hmm, if your league is anything like the ones that I play in, Vick will get snatched up REAL quick if you drop him. So I'd go without a QB for a week, especially if you're a 12 point favorite without one.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,965 Messages
    1,856 Likes Received
    The team you are playing has to be one of the worst FF teams I have ever seen.
  5. ajk23az

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Thats what happens when it is a auction draft and they let the computer do it. The computer drafted Vincent Jackson and Sidney Rice for him at a pretty high price.

And he hasn't been able to improve his stance in FA because we have a free agent auction and each team bids on the FA they want and he bought Brandon Jackson right off the bat (who he doesn't have anymore) for $61 (when we have a budget of $100) and only has $12 left to spend as of today.
  6. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    The question is why does he have buehler
  7. ajk23az

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    He's also a die hard cowboys fan. ha

He fixed his team now so it is

Rivers