1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fantasy Mags out

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Qwickdraw, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry. This should probably be in the "Fantasy Thread".

I just returned from the local Wal-Mart and they had at least 5 new Fantasy mags on the shelf. Just letting you guys know if anyone is interested. If you're like me, you feel like you don't need a mag or anything because you know your stuff that well. But I love to buy a couple just to read on the potty and they are always a good printed reference for stats, etc.
  2. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow.
    This Fantasy mag I bought is filled with Dallas misinformation. It's terrible.
    In it's Dallas Cowboys breakdown, it reads:

"Player Coming Soon- Terrance Copper, WR"
    "The Dallas coaching staff loves Terrance Copper, who brings maximum effort everyday. Used sparingly last season, Copper flashed his ability by hauling in the game-winning bomb in a late season victory over Washington. Copper will see more PT this fall."

(Wrong. That was Patrick Crayton.)

In it's RB breakdown, it reads:

"Julius Jones, Cowboys"
    "UPSIDE: Bill Parcells made the worst coaching decision of his career- or possibly any coach's career- when he decided to take it slow with Jones. It was like having a free steak on your plate but choosing to pick through the garbage (ie. Eddie George) instead. Jones started the last seven games of the season and averaged 114.7 rushing yards per game while scoring seven touchdowns."

(Wrong again. BP didn't "take it slow" with Jones at all. The guy broke his freakin' shoulder. Geez.)

To top it off, one of their WR lists has Antonio Bryant listed as a Cowboy.

The magazine name?
    FANTASY LEAGUE FOOTBALL 2005

Stay away. Stay far, far away.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,876 Messages
    827 Likes Received
    Haha. That's awful
  4. 5 Super Bowls

5 Super Bowls Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fantasy football emphasizes individuals in a team game. It is the reason some of you wanted moss. If you play fantasy football. If a player racks up a ton of points. Why not add 10 if his team wins, and subtract 10 if they lose. Winning is not important in fantasy football. So what is the point.