1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Favorite Cowboys/Redskins memory

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tnewsome30, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,972 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    91 at RFK is my favorite as well.

It was then that I knew we were back. I knew we were building something special then.
  2. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,543 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Yeah you could move around RFK as the game wore on. A friend of the family had season tickets and would let me tag along to a few of the games. I only would go if i felt the opponent was worth seeing since i obviously wasn't a Skins fan. That same season i saw Deion and the Falcons. On cue, Deion took one to the house - it had to be 100 yds. I think he danced all the way to the sidelines!
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    RFK was way better than Fedex. It felt like the entire place was bouncing when that place was rocking. I think most Skins fans will tell you that as well.
  4. JohnsKey19

6,543 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Absolutely. The last time i went to Fed Ex was the Rocket OT game back in '99. But there's no question RFK is a better venue to watch and enjoy the game experience.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    That 99 game was SWEEEEEET! All those Skins fans thot they had that game in the bag. My In-laws seats were lower level around the 20. Rocket caught that ball right in front of us and ran into the endzone. Perfect way to end that game!

Fedex is okay if you sit lower level. The upper deck sux. You might as well be in a helicopter, or the blimp as sit up there.
  6. JohnsKey19

6,543 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I think i was in the worst seat in the house. Upper deck probably only 10 rows from the top directly behind the end zone.
  7. WPBCowboysFan

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    My wife is a Skins fan - her entire family :banghead:

Ive never sat up top, but we went up there to see one of her friends and I thot it was as bad or worse than people say it is. I swore I would never ever go to a game there if I had to sit up top. To me its not worth the time, $$, and effort to go and sit up there.

Id love to be there Sunday tho. Just not a good time for me to travel up there.
  8. III

III New Member

7 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    14-2.