1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Feb 6 mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dart, Feb 7, 2013.

1. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    1Sheldon Richardson*, DT, Missouri 6-4 #295
    Shariff Floyd. DT. Florida. 6-3 # 300
    Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St 6-3 #320
    Kawaan Short, DT, Purdue 6-3 #310

2 Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International 6 #210

3 Alvin Bailey, OG, Ark 6-5 #315

4 Michael Mauti, OLB, Penn State 6-2 #235

5 Rex Burkhead. RB, Neb 5-11 #211

6 Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa 6' #190

UDFA'S

QB -Alex Carder, Western Michigan, 6-2 #225

RB - Knile Davis, Ark 6, #226

C - Joe Lund C, Nd St , 6-2 #303

OG - Blaize Foltz, TCU, 6-4 #310

OT - Emmett Cleary, BC. 6-7 #315

DT - Dave Kruger, Utah 6-5 #290

DT - DeQuinta Jones, Ark 6-3 #300

OLB - Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky 6-5 #250

CB - Moe Lee, Utah, 6-1 #191
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,693 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    I assume that this means we are resigning Spencer, and if that's the case, I'd be pretty happy with this. I'm not much of a Burkhead fan, but I like the Knile Davis pickup.
  3. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I like Burkehead hes a tough runner

Burkhead is a compactly-built 210 pounds with excellent balance, running close to the ground and with a head of steam. Burkhead is hard-nosed and tough as nails, finishing every run and popping right back after a big hit while showing the downhill patience and vision to follow his blocks.

He isn't an explosive athlete with more build-up speed than natural burst, but has quick feet to sidestep defenders and make the first guy miss. Although he lacks ?wow? ability to routinely create when the hole isn't there, Burkhead is a an energetic, workhorse runner who takes pride in his craft and runs hard with conviction and determination.

He isn't a first round caliber prospect, but could easily sneak into the top-100 picks in the mold of a smaller version of Peyton Hillis.

--Dane Brugler

he woiuld be a great back up to Murray

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=3662131

I would like to get Davis an stash him for a year

Strengths: Scouts like Davis' size, breakaway speed and soft hands out of the backfield. He's worked hard to become a reliable pass blocker and is highly respected by his teammates and the coaching staff, earning the captain role as both a junior (2011) and senior (2012).

Weaknesses: He is a bit stiff, especially in his upper body, and has struggled with ankle injuries throughout his football career, dating back to high school.

Compares To: Darren McFadden, Raiders - Like McFadden, Davis has good size and speed - at least pre-injury. But he also runs with a relatively high-center of gravity, which causes him to run a bit upright and absorb big hits from defenders.

--Rob Rang

Davis worked his tail off to return from injury, but he ran too hesitant and indecisive this past season, including issues with ball security. He was caught stopping his feet too much, routinely looking to bounce runs outside and not running with much conviction. But NFL scouts are hopeful he can return to his 2010 form.

A physical freak with the upside to warrant early round consideration, Davis' NFL draft stock ultimately will hinge on the medical grade he's given by team doctors.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,217 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    no thanks to cyprien in round 2

far better players available
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    I like everything put the Cyprien pick too. Not buying into the hype quite yet. 1 week of senior bowl practices isn't enough to convince me that hes worth a 2nd round pick. Change it to Dallas Thomas in the 2nd and a different safety (or even Cyprien if hes still there) in the 3rd and it looks much better to me.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Then watch what he did before the Senior bowl.

He's worth a 2nd. Hell he just might go in the first anyway.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Sunbelt conference tends to make guys look good....Im not saying he isn't/can't be good, but I just think he's 1 of the top 45 guys in this draft class. 3rd round and I'm fine with it but just not in the 2nd.
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    So you think he's a top 45 player but you don't want him drafted with the 47th pick?

:confused:
  9. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,822 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Not much o-line help. I'm just not real big on Bailey. We might be able to find a higher rated player in the third. Overall I like the mock, can't be too upset with the first two picks.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Yep, I really love those first 2 picks. I think we can do a lot better the rest of the draft though.
  11. mickswag

mickswag Member

190 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    We may have to grab Cyprien in the 2nd if we want him. Dunno if he makes it to our pick in the third.
  12. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    538 Likes Received

Somehow forgot the word don't. *don't think he's a top 45 player.
  13. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think Jerry and Callahan are fine with our O line unless B Jones just happens to fall into our laps in the 2nd

I don't think we can get Cooper or Warmack

as far as Safties goes I like D.J. Swearinger

With the pass rush he had in front of him, as well as stellar play from cornerback Stephon Gilmore, Swearinger served as more of a complementary piece last season than a true star on his own.

That said, he's a very physical defender who showed greater open-field tackling skills and dependability in coverage as the year wore on. At this point he looks like a mid-round selection. Considering his versatility and toughness, however, he could be on the verge of a strong jump up the board this season.

--Rob Rang

I think we have to D line IMO in the first

Shawn Williams

The broad-shouldered Williams looks and tackles like a linebacker but moves well, showing enough agility to handle coverage responsibilities. His coaches have compared him to former Georgia safety/outside linebacker Thomas Davis, who was selected with the No. 14 overall pick of the 2005 draft by the Carolina Panthers.

--Rob Rang
  14. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think Jerry and Callahan are fine with our O line unless B Jones just happens to fall into our laps in the 2nd

I don't think we can get Cooper or Warmack

as far as Safties goes I like D.J. Swearinger

With the pass rush he had in front of him, as well as stellar play from cornerback Stephon Gilmore, Swearinger served as more of a complementary piece last season than a true star on his own.

That said, he's a very physical defender who showed greater open-field tackling skills and dependability in coverage as the year wore on. At this point he looks like a mid-round selection. Considering his versatility and toughness, however, he could be on the verge of a strong jump up the board this season.

--Rob Rang

I think we have to D line IMO in the first

Shawn Williams

The broad-shouldered Williams looks and tackles like a linebacker but moves well, showing enough agility to handle coverage responsibilities. His coaches have compared him to former Georgia safety/outside linebacker Thomas Davis, who was selected with the No. 14 overall pick of the 2005 draft by the Carolina Panthers.

--Rob Rang

but what do I know
  15. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,605 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    some UDFA RBs I am keeping an eye on

Mike Davis - the U (though he may be a late round pick)
    Latavius Murray - UCF
    Deonte Williams - Cal Poly

QBs
    Peter Lalich - California (PA)
    Matt Brown - Illinois St.