1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Felix Jones (and his beard) Holds Free Football Camp For TPS Students...w/vid

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 26, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,312 Messages
    3,183 Likes Received
    Posted:Jun 25, 2011 8:04 PM CDT

[IMG]

video: http://www.newson6.com/category/121...=default&clipId=5992401&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Former Sooner star Dominique Franks isn't worried about the NFL lockout. In fact, he's taking it easy.

"I was thinking about going and getting a job, but then I was thinking, nah. I need to work on playing as many video games as I can," he joked.

Franks joined former Booker T. Washington star running back Felix Jones for his annual free summer football camp, serving more than 100 Tulsa Public Schools students. Kids got to run through some supervised drills on the University of Tulsa campus with pro football stars like Franks, Jones and Gerald McCoy.

Read the rest: http://www.newson6.com/story/14976387/felix-jones-holds-free-football-camp-for-tps-students
  2. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here is Felix Jones at Nancy Lieberman's basketball camp:

http://twitpic.com/5fe525

Felix Jones stat of the day:

Felix Jones has 17 double digit carry games during the past three years.

In those games, Felix has rushed 230 times for 1,163 yards and averaged 5.05 YPC.

If you toss out the 2010 Vikings game (an outlier with putrid run blocking), you get a nice 16 game set of double digit carry games. In the remaining 16 games, Felix rushed the football 216 times for 1,131 yards and averaged 5.23 YPC. Jones averaged 13.5 rushes per game in those 16 games.

Also, # 28 has some explosive single digit carry games during his three year Cowboys career.

Importantly, Felix Jones is an outstanding individual and human being. Jones is the type of player on and off the field that you build your orgnization around. Felix Jones is a class act and gives back to his community. # 28 is a foundational piece for Jason Garrett to build on.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Classy guy... I think he should be the starting running back. He's dynamic.
  4. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Uncle Felix indeed.

Seriously, with Felix and Murray, the Cowboys should have a pretty good running tandem. Choice deserves a chance to show what he can do, but so far Garrett hasn't used him much and I wonder if he ever will. Barber could be good in short yardage (I blame the O-line for his struggles in that area), but may not be on the roster.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,399 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Tashard Choice is what he is here in Dallas - a good, 3rd string running back that can get the job done serviceably when called upon.