1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Final Mock. Defense first 3 rounds

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JDSTAR, Apr 26, 2012.

1. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    After reading a small article about Michael Irvin's impressions on Janoris Jenkins, I'm beginning to feel like he is worthy of a second round pick. Yes, he has had some bad off-field issues, but he is also arguably the best cornerback in the draft, and if you can get that in the second round, it should be considered. So, this is my mock.

1st Round: Fletcher Cox- around four months ago I was a Michael Brockers fan for our first pick. My wife hates him for the Dallas Cowboys, and began searching for a better pick. She showed me footage of this guy, and I was blown away. His feet are always moving, and he makes great plays on almost every drive. I watched as much footage as I could on this guy, repeatedly. Unfortunately, he is moving up draft boards and may be unattainable. I like Mark Barron, but I feel an elite pass rusher is the better choice for the boys. If he is available, get him.

2nd Round: Janoris Jenkins- I hate off-field issues. I think it is damanging to the player, the team and the organization. However, I think the talent that Janoris Jenkins brings to the team can make a defense instantly better. We have taken chances on players in the second round for the last two years, each with serious injuries, why not take one with off field issues. Sit him down with Demarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff and show him the large men he would be disappointing if he makes any mistakes. I don't think he is a bad person, just a good football player that has put himself in bad situations. Team him with the right guys, and he will suceed.

3rd Round: Brandon Taylor- I love this pick. Obviously, Mark Barron is the better selection, but this kid Loves Football. He loves to hit, hes humble in interviews and he brings enthusiasm to the game. Furthermore, I think he could contribute instantly to the team. In the first three picks, we have taken care of our needs on defense.

4th Round: Chris Rainey- A small speedy running back that would be great for check off passes. He can make a two yard pass turn into a first down. Furthermore, he can be used as a slot reciever. Love the versatility he can bring to a football team.

4th Round: Phillip Blake- Im not sure of the OL that will be selected at this time, and have only seen extensive footage on Phillip Blake because of RGIII. However, I thought this guy was a good solid Center. He is a Center, not a guard in hopes to be converted to center. That hurt us last year. Another big body to help Romo feel safe in the pocket. This name isnt definite for my draft, just a guy I know better than the others. If Dallas gets an OL, I think it should be around this time; no earlier. We need to take care of Defense first.

5th Round: Ryan Broyles/ T.Y. Hilton- I'm not specifically interested in either of these recievers. Honestly, I like the style of a Mohamed Sanu, but he will be gone in the second and that is not a need for us at that time. Here we can pick up a good slot reciever. We know how much Tony loves those.

6th Round: Braylon Broughton: This is that guy you definitely want in the sixth round. Love his size, measurables, and what he may become. I see Justin Tuck written all over this guy's forehead. If we can pick him up, then our DL lineup would be (or what I would like them to ideally be) Geathers, Ratliff, Cox, with Lissemore and Broughton as subs. Spears and Hatcher there too. WE have a present for you RGIII!!!

7th Round: Best TE available: Not a big fan of getting a tight end in the draft. Wittens always there, and Phillips is better than what many people give him credit for. A third tight end is necessary, but I'm just not excited about it. I guess the NC State guy. Yea, thats it. Get that NC State guy. Boom, your team.

Please Comment, I love disagreements. Just remember, we all want whats best for our team; we just have different ideas about what that is. God Bless all you Cowboys fans and good luck in the draft tonight.
  2. Manster74

Manster74 Member

150 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    If Broyles is still available in the 5th round, they should sprint to turn that card in!
  3. Manster74

Manster74 Member

150 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Good job. I'd be very pleased if it fell this way. Love Fletcher Cox. Let's cross our fingers!
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I've got zero interest in Jenkins, let some other team worry about him. The rest, however, is pretty good.
  5. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    How are we going to get Cox and keep all those picks? can't see him being available at 14. And if the alternative is those r2- and r3 guys i hope we trade up for him.
  6. Manster74

Manster74 Member

150 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Hey, we can dream, can't we?
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    It's not a dream, it's a freaking mock draft. I don't understand all these "It's impossible he'll be there!" people. Unless you're talking about Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin, no one knows a damn thing about who will be available where.
  8. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,897 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    You might not know specifically, but you certainly can gauge the area of the draft these players will go in. And Cox will NOT be there at 14, that's easy. The guy is going anywhere from 7 to 11, not 14. I think Barron is an 11 to 17 guy, so he may very well be there.
  9. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Can you gauge when Quinton Coples, Chandler Jones, Janoris Jenkins and Vontaze Burfict will go? Can you really? A few weeks ago everyone was talking about trading down to get Fletcher Cox and now you say he's unattainable at 14? i know he's the flavor of the week and people have him going as early as four, but really? Did you know Daquan Bowers was going in the second round last year, because he was thought to be a top five pick at one time. We don't know, don't pretend like you do either.
  10. vaquerosdedallas

vaquerosdedallas Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is the best mock draft for the boys I have seen but now we must pray that both Cox and Jenkins will fall to us in the first and second rounds.
  11. Manster74

Manster74 Member

150 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    True. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone fell except for the two you mentioned. Especially judging from prior years. It seems almost a certainty that some team in the top ten will pull a head scratcher and someone we didn't expect will fall because of it.
  12. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    I would rather have a kick to the nuts than Janoris Jenkins.
  13. cowboys2233

3,897 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Did I say anything about those other players? No, I can't predict where every freakin' player will go. I do know that Cox will NOT be there at 14. To even waste energy thinking he might be is ridiculous.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    It is literally impossible that you KNOW he won't be there. Unless you've got a Flux Capacitor you aren't telling us about. You may feel strongly one way or the other, but you don't KNOW anything 100% except for Andrew Luck at this point.

It's just silly that a guy posts a mock draft and there are always those "He won't be there." people, like they've been time traveling with Bill & Ted.
  15. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Oh so you got the 411 on Cox, but not of the other players. The NFL channel had a final mock in which they put Fletcher Cox at 15 to the Eagles. These are people who get paid to predict. You know better than them? I don't think Cox will be there at 14 either, but I don't know. Neither do you. You "think" you know. Don't degrade other people's opinions of who will be on the draft board because you think your some kind of savant of who will be picked when.
  16. cowboys2233

3,897 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Gee, I take the information available and make a strong prediction based on that. If I drop a coffee mug, I think it's going to hit the floor. Do I know for sure, until it actually does? No, but the chances are pretty good, huh? Cox falling to 15 is utterly laughable. I saw that same mock...and laughed. Ridiculous. Do I know better than some site that makes such a ridiculous prediction? Yeah, I do.

Fletcher Cox may very well go to the Eagles but it won't be at 15.
  17. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I agree with you on the laughability of that draft. There were a few spots that I don't "think" are going to happen. But come on, your dropped coffee cup is physics. Were talking about the opinions of football teams and their needs and wants. Can you really go out and say that you "know." It's a bit egotistical. Cox is a great football player and I "think" that all the teams are aware of that, but to say that you "know" he will be gone. Take our criticism of your comments and admit that you don't "know," your using an educated guess.