1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Final Mock w/ a trade down

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Manwiththeplan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,898 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Okay, the top 9 drops like this

Carolina Panthers- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    Denver Broncos- Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
    Buffalo Bills- Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
    Cincinnati Bengals- AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    Arizona Cardinals- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    Cleveland Browns- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    San Francisco 49ers- Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
    Tennessee Titans- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

So Houston trades up for Aldon Smith and gives up the #110 selection (4th round).

11.) Tron Smith, OT, USC
    Hopefully our luck with o-linemen changes here. Smith probably has as much upside since any o-linemen since D'Brickashawa

In round 2, Muhammad Wilkerson does fall in our lap, but instead of picking him we pull the trigger on a trade with San Diego so they can select Sam Acho. We drop to #50 (2nd round) and pick up #89 (3rd round)

50.) Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
    The big debate here is Rackley or Ellis and with Watkins already off the board, we decide to take Rackley. He can start day 1 at LG and has good upside.
    71.) Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
    We may trade up to the very end of round 2, but for now, I'll say we take him here. Ellis and Brent rotate at NT, while Bowen and Ratlif start at DE.
    105.) John Moffit, G/C, Wisconsin
    We go o-line for the 3rd and final time. Moffit will probably start as a back-up if we resign Kosier, but if we're unable to, he'll be forced to start. He could replace Gurode at center in a few years.
    110.) DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami
    Extra depth at CB, and another return man, so Dez has one less role.
    143.) Cecil Shorts III, WR, Mount Union
    176.) Steven Ridley, RB, LSU
    220.) Preston Dial, FB, Alabama
    252.)Zane Parr, DE, Virginia
  2. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Isn't acho rated a third round guy?
  3. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,313 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I'd take Acho at #40 and not blink. The guy is very versatile and underrated.
  4. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Great news! You still have #89 to pick.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,898 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    lol, completely forgot
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,305 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    idk if Ellis would be a NT yeah he got the size but he is pretty tall and would lose the leverage battle. I think he would be more of a DE if we want a NT we better go after someone like Ian williams (NT prototype height is 6'1 - 6' 2)
    Josh price-brent is 6'2 and is perfect if he bulk up to 330lbs.

Im not saying ellis can't do it but he may get blown off the ball in a 3-4 unless he can stay low. He might can play NT in a pitch but i think he is like Ngata a right DE.
  7. esmith1790

esmith1790 Member

161 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I guess you have a typo but you have both G starting at LG.

Rackley: he can start day one at LG.

Moffit: If we dont sign Kosier, he will be forced to start.

Did you mean RG for Rackley?
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Kenrick Ellis at 6'5'' is not a NT. He will be a very good 3-4 DE.
    Also you forgot to use your 89th pick. Gilchrist or Sheppard would be a nice add or a CB.
  9. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    11.) Tron Smith, OT, USC
    Hopefully our luck with o-linemen changes here. Smith probably has as much upside since any o-linemen since D'Brickashawa

In round 2, Muhammad Wilkerson does fall in our lap, but instead of picking him we pull the trigger on a trade with San Diego so they can select Sam Acho. We drop to #50 (2nd round) and pick up #89 (3rd round)

50.) Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
    The big debate here is Rackley or Ellis and with Watkins already off the board, we decide to take Rackley. He can start day 1 at LG and has good upside.
    71.) Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
    We may trade up to the very end of round 2, but for now, I'll say we take him here. Ellis and Brent rotate at NT, while Bowen and Ratlif start at DE.
    105.) John Moffit, G/C, Wisconsin
    We go o-line for the 3rd and final time. Moffit will probably start as a back-up if we resign Kosier, but if we're unable to, he'll be forced to start. He could replace Gurode at center in a few years.
    110.) DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami
    Extra depth at CB, and another return man, so Dez has one less role.
    143.) Cecil Shorts III, WR, Mount Union
    176.) Steven Ridley, RB, LSU
    220.) Preston Dial, FB, Alabama
    252.)Zane Parr, DE, Virginia[/QUOTE]

Coming to our offensive line this summer it's Tron 3 the reckoning :D

I like it. I see 3 potential o-line starters , I think all 3 will take some time to develop but will all be worth it. I love Moffit and wouldn't be against using a 3 on him . Think he will be that valuable inside swing guy for now and eventually be our center in 2 years.

even though we are light on d in this version im ok with that . i think our D will be better with the new coaching staff for starters. I think we will bring in some free agents like ILB (morrison) and safety (huff) along with guys like Lee and Brent becoming part of the rotation and a bounce back year from jenkins and a coming out party for spencer in this new scheme and our D will be explosive.