1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Final Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Apr 26, 2011.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,238 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Trade back to 18 with San Diego for 18 and 50. I'm starting to believe that the hype over Tyron Smith is over and I believe Jerry would be happy with Castonzo, Pouncey, Jordan, or Watt. I believe theres a very good chance that 1 or more of them will be available at 18 so trading down to acquire an extra 2nd makes the most sense. San Diego looks to move up at a chance to get a pass rusher off the edge as their D still feels the loss of Merriman.

Now our mock....

#18- Mike Pouncey OG/C Florida- I feel like this is going to be the pick more and more. His versatility will be huge for the o-line and he presents Jerry with the opportunity to cut Leonard Davis' obnoxious contract. Could stay at OG or be our future C after some seasoning.

#40- Stephen Paea DT OR ST- I like Paea's value at 40. I think he could give our d-line some versatility as well with him and Ratliff playing at the same time. Paea is extremely strong and stout that will bring a big presence to our run d.

#50- Ras-I Dowling CB Virgina- Elite size and athleticism for a CB. I believe he would have been a 1st round pick had he not gotten injured this year in college. Newman could very well be done after this year and this is his predecessor.

#71- Quinton Carter S Oklahoma- Versatile S prospect who can play both positions. His draft stock will be hurt a bit because he doesnt have great timed speed, but plays fast and is good in coverage, some think he could even play nickle CB. Also a high character guy who started his own non-profit organization called "Serving Others with Unity and Leadership" to help kids from his home town Las Vegas.

#110- Joseph Barksdale OT LSU- Prototypical size and athleticism for an NFL OT. Started 26 games at RT for LSU so has plenty of experience. The only knock against him is that he tends to get lazy and needs to be motivated. If the coaching staff can light a fire under him he could be a sleeper this late.

#143- Stevan Ridley RB LSU- Tough physical runner with potential as he only had 1 year as a feature back. Could fill Barber's spot as the short yardage back as he is most likely gone.

#176- Byron Stingily OT Louisville- Raw OT but showed up at his pro day 6'4 315, ran a 4.85 40, and put up 225 28 times. Would probably compete with Sam Young and Barksdale as out developmental OT on the roster. As you can tell I dont believe a rookie OT will be getting serious playing time on the team.

#220- Zack Eskridge QB Miswestern State- Developmental QB with NFL size and extremely impressive #'s in college.

#252- DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss- 6'5 239 and was a NCAA freshman all-american. For some odd reason declared early despite an injury ridden poor junior year. Could be a practice squad player with potential. Or turned into a TE if he can put on 10 more lbs.
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,041 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    good mock but stephen paea at 40 idk if he fits our scheme i rather go with the DT from USC jurrell casey
  3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,873 Messages
    170 Likes Received

I would rather pass on guys who need a fire lit under them...I want guys who light their own fires.....pass on Barksdale. I would rather have an OT in the 1st instead of Pouncey. Give me Castonzo, Sherrod, or Carimi and I will be pleased. I love your 2nd and 3rd round choices. I would rather use our 4th round pick on John Moffitt. Then in the 5th, I would go FB here with Henry Hynoski. In the 6th, I know very little about Stingily, only that some of our more knowledgeable posters have had him in mocks. Still, I would trade down a few spots and add a 7th, then take RB Noel Devine. In the 7th, I would go after FS Mark LeGree, OT Trevis Turner, and the best DL on the board.

1 - OT Castonzo, Sherrod, or Carimi
    2 - DT Paea
    2 - CB Dowling
    3 - S Carter
    4 - OG Moffitt
    5 - FB Hynoski
    6 - RB Devine
    7 - DL best available
    7 - FS LeGree
    7 - OT Turner
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,238 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Paea + Ratliff + Igor= no running game for the opposing team in my opinion. And just because Paea doesnt have the weight doesnt mean he cant play in the 3-4. His strength is ridiculous and his height will almost be a plus because hes going to be impossible to move with his size and leverage.
  5. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received

I had the same trade partner in my mock.
  6. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

371 Messages
    6 Likes Received

First release Barber and Columbo, Let Kosier,Spears leave for F/A. Sign Bowen, Hatcher,Sensabaugh and Free or Franchise him, Sign Erick Weddle- SD
    Trade down swap picks with San Diego Chargers and take there 18th and 50th pick
    (RD-1) - 18 - Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College - 6'7 310lbs
    (RD-2) - 40 - Ben Ijalana - G - Villanova -6' 3 320
    - 50 - Quinton Carter - S - Oklahoma - 6' 0 212
    (RD-3) - 71 - Kenrick Ellis - DT/DE - Hampton - 6'4 3/4 335
    (RD-4) - 109-Nate Irving - Ilb - North Carolina St - 6'1 1/4 242
    (RD-5) - 140 - Marcus Gilchrist - CB - Clemson - 5'10 195
    (RD-6) - 176 - Anthony Allen - FB - Georgia Tech - 6'0 235
    (RD-7) - 220 - Chykie Brown - CB - Texas - 5'11 185
    (RD-7) - 252 - Jerrod Johnson - QB - Texas A&M - 6' 5 243
    OUR LINE: FREE,IJALANI,GURODE,DAVIS,CASTONZO
    BACKUP: HOLLAND,YOUNG,COSTA
    Have IJulani take over for injury prone Kosier.
    Irving adds little depth poss future starter. Bradie 's getting older and with the debacle of lbs we drafted two years ago, this cleans that up. Also with Lee we address needs before Bradie is finished like Brooking? Start Bowen, have Hatcher,Ellis backup.Keep Ratliff at Nt with Brent backup, unless kid shows vast improvement in camp. If so, move Rat back to DE start kid and have Ellis at DT or DT. Cb's you have three that's set with Gilchrist and McCann battle for fourth. Saftey you have MCcray, Carter Backup Weddle and Sensabaugh.
    With Carter taking over for one of them eventually possibly Sensa if he leaves as F/A.
    PS: UNLESS PATRICK PETERSON IS THERE THEN GRAB HIM AND GET YOUR OL IN THE SECOND ROUND.