1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Flacco to be highest paid QB; so what's Romo worth

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by muck4doo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    interesting how so many Romo haters that drool over Flacco seem to FORGET how bad he was in playoff games before the last couple of years
  2. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    "none of that is because of him" - zoners

somebody actually said that joe montana's stats weren't impressive?implying that joe wasn't all that?what has this world come too...
  3. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

625 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    That was me and I was implying that we hold Montana in such high regard because of his postseason success, rather than his statistics. Statistically, guys like Marino, Fouts, Warren Moon all surpassed him when it comes to numbers. Much like Romo surpasses Eli and Flacco in terms of numbers, they surpass Romo in post season success.
  4. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,221 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    Flacco's D's have ranked 12th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, and 3rd in Points Allowed since he's been in the league. His worst ranked defense would have been Romo's second best.
  5. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,297 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    That looks like a pretty workable deal. It keeps Romo here and gives him the security of 57m guaranteed and keeps his cap number reasonable with chances to redo if we cap room later. They could probably even get away with about 7-10m less guaranteed.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,329 Messages
    2,209 Likes Received
    He's (Flacco) has also operated behind better olines and had better running games.

So other that the defenses, offensive lines and running games Flacco and Romo have been operating on similar teams. :D
  7. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,504 Messages
    215 Likes Received

You're right, (at least IMO)but you better duck...
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,584 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    So Tony has played with less talented teams than Joe.

That's an indictment on the ownership & front office.

One guy has the benefit of having all the the pieces around him to be successful & it was just up to him to make the leap which Joe did.
  9. Gameover

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    The 2007 and 2009 Cowboys were more talented than this Ravens team.The Ravens looked to be a fading football team.I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won fewer than eight games in 2013.They were not a great football team.

Wasn't it Tony who single handidly prevented us from making the playoffs in 2011?Jets, Lions, Austin overthrow...Those screw ups are potential momentum killers.We don't even know if this team is capable of making a run, because the qb can't hold his end of the deal.
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,584 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I don't keep up with the Ravens. I should have used the quote from the poster who had down all the great rankings of the Ravens D as an example of what Joe had surrounding him.
  11. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,221 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    You don't need to think Romo is a top 5 QB or an elite QB or anything like that, but if you don't think he's ending up his end of the deal you're going to have a hard time enjoying anyone who plays QB for us.
  12. Gameover

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    All I want is a quarterback who can put points on the board, like Kitna did in 2010.

I could care less about the other stats.
  13. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,316 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Interesting how many Romo lovers refuse to acknowledge his stellar showing in pressure games. Seriously, do some of you even think before posting.:lmao2:
  14. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,316 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Just stop, they have no come back for that one...:starspin
  15. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    If all you care about is points, then you should be pleased with what Tony Romo provides.. 59 TD's have been because of his throwing arm the past 2 seasons which obviously has him behind Brees-Rodgers-Brady... Ryan & Stafford have thrown 2 more TD's in that period... lol I would understand if you said all you want is a QB who takes care of the ball in win or go home games, but that statement of putting points on the board like Kitna is a little ridiculous.
  16. burmafrd

41,439 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Do you?
  17. burmafrd

41,439 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    he wants to take ufcrules place as the #1 Romo Hater on the Zone but he tries too hard
  18. Gameover

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    You're talking td, I'm talking how many points the team scores per game.

Check how many points those guys teams score per game compared to Tony Romo's team?
  19. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Yes I understand this point, but do you honestly think a John Kitna type QB can lead this offense with the offensive line's mediocre to terrible run/pass blocking down the field consistently enough where they are ranked higher in points per game?
  20. burmafrd

41,439 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    you are good to read. I like to laugh