1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Foles?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by HoosierCowboy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    have heard experts gushing about Foles play -- I thought he was awful, throwing lots of ducks (including his TD pass) and picking up stat-padding short throws late--am I wrong?
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I like Foles and I think he looks like an NFL QB.

But he made some pretty bad throws last night that weren't highlighted at all by Buck and Aikman.

I think he'd make a great backup QB for his career. But if the Eagles want to rely on him to be their franchise QB, that'd be pretty sweet too.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Gotta cut him some slack. He came in mid-game getting limited practice reps in an extremely pressure packed atmosphere. And our D is no slouch. He did OK. We'll learn more next week if he starts...
  4. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,319 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    To his credit, it's awfully hard to come in and play well when you haven't gotten the reps. But, I didn't think he played well. He got lucky on the Spencer pick, which was a terrible decision and the flag on Claiborne should never have been called. He threw a TD, when Maclin was WIDDDDE open.

I think he was well poised, but he didn't throw it well, made bad decisions and didn't protect the ball.

I swear, Andy Reid must have mind control over the world that I don't see. This is the same guy that convinced the world that AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb were stars in the making. Now it's Nick Foles.

YR
  5. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    He was okay for a rookie that has not had any serious reps with the number one unit since the preseason. They should just leave him in the rest of the season and see what they have.
  6. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,133 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    I wasn't that impressed either, but coming into your first NFL game cold, mid-game against a division rival with pretty much the season on the line is pretty tough.

He definitely has that "just throw it and hope something good happens" attitude they are going to have to break though,.
  7. elcocinero

elcocinero Member

482 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I thought he was pretty awful as well. It seems like he couldnt read the coverage very well and we could have had 3 or 4 interceptions.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,500 Messages
    9,651 Likes Received
    Tough spot for a rookie QB. Maybe if they didn't fall behind with the punt return and defensive TD's they can run the ball some and it's a different outcome.

He didn't have much of a chance.
  9. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    One thing that Foles understood the moment that he stepped onto the field was that he needed to get the ball out on time, Vick still doesn't understand that concept.
  10. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I'm not saying he should be Y.A. Title, but I saw nothing to tell me he had a decent game even for a rookie. should have had 2 or 3 more picks (can Scandrick even catch a cold?)
  11. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,865 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    It was his first NFL game and he did fine.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Eh.... I can see the talent.. I saw it in college and I liked him there. The guy has a cannon. Kinda reminds me of Brady physically.
  13. TheStar

TheStar Member

139 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Yeah hope this is their QB of the future.
  14. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    He was an Arizona Wildcat & now a Philadelphia Eagle. Not many more worse places to come from and be at.

FORK EM DEVILS! :D
  15. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    but scandrick was worse: dropped two easy INT's....and another by Spencer was wiped out by a boneheaded penalty by Claibourne...then of course Carr returned one for a TD and Hatcher recovered his fumble for a td....the kid was BRUTAL really. I think the skins win easy: if they didn't have a rookie QB and a few injuries on D' I'd put down some serious benjamins on the skins to win straight up(moneyline)