1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For those that want Romo fired please read

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,271 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    You would want Alex Smith over Romo? Mods, delete this moron's account STAT!
  2. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,301 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    didnt KC get one of those Brady/Belichick guys. Really worked out for them.

man...o...man. the stupidity of this fan base is amazing.

Alex Smith...dumped for a rookie and they want him. Man...
  3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,490 Messages
    1,631 Likes Received

Well, a few things....first they would complain we didn't have a QB...then they would blame Jerry for not getting a QB....then they would secretly wish they had Romo back.....

Of course throw in the OL still being an issue, because they had to get a QB, so couldn't upgrade the OL. And that's Jerry's fault too. since it's impossible to fix everything in one year.....except in this forum....

Hmmm...anything else...maybe the 3rd cheerleader from the left end is 1/4 ounce overweight from that water she just drank....
  4. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,394 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Since 06 he's been to the playoffs twice..what the hell are we scared of?

We even have a play where we fake a MISTAKE..come on man when is enough enough.
  5. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,161 Messages
    521 Likes Received
    LOL, are you talking about the direct snap to murray and romo fakes that the ball was snapped too high ?
  6. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,007 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    That wouldn't be a for a couple if years from now. Or it should be if Manziel wants to be successful.
  7. supafly

supafly Member

140 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's quite clear that Tony Oh No doesnt have what it takes to win in the critical games. Time to rebuild. Start with smith or start with somebody else.
  8. DallasDomination

6,394 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Why are you so mad? Alex Smith wont lose you a game. stop acting over dramatic.
  9. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,719 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    So, take no risks. Keep the same guy that makes the same mistakes time and time again.

Ruin what could be some great players in Dez, CLairborne, Carter, Murray with more less than average talent and a QB that isn't going to the next level..

Yep, more of the 8-8, no playoffs scenario..

Brilliant.

Sure, it would be frustrating. It was beyond frustrating before Romo after Aikman. No doubt.

But, it is time. I am all for more Frustration if it means that possibly Dallas finds a QB that can hit the next level..

Romo has had his chance. Enough. And, no more excuses.

You say go ask the Deadskins about playing with veteran QBs... Sure, no problem.. And go ask the same team that had enough sack to ditch those vets, go with not one but TWO rooks at the QB position and look where they are at..

Stupid analogy.
  10. DallasDomination

6,394 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Yup.

Everybody watching the game said we're so disfunctional we fake a mistake lol. What could I say to that? we having no ammo in our weapons anymore.
  11. hornitosmonster

4,301 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    he wont win you one either. he has an oline/running game in SF. We would get the pre Harbaugh Alex Smith. short memory?
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,881 Messages
    1,829 Likes Received
    We should have drafted a real QB years ago. Not a Stephen McGee type, either.
  13. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,161 Messages
    521 Likes Received
    I thought that was pretty silly myself, I dont think I would even want to carry that act out if I was the QB. It did result in a nice run, but i dont think the pretend the ball snapped over my head is necessarry.

Also, did you notice on the 2nd interception that Romo did a quick play action fake to his left and muray was already running a route on his right ?

From the overhead view i saw murray take off and tony turns and does a fake handoff to an open space - nothing but air there.
  14. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,442 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :lmao::laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao::laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao:
  15. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,517 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Your kind are becoming annoying. Everytime someone says get rid of Romo and you say well what do we now? Ummmm how about moving on. Anyone. We've missed the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and have won single playoff game with him here. Quit overrating this guy. He's not elite. He's not a great QB. This whole I would only take Brees, Brady, Manning, etc over him is silly. He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as those.

How much worse can it get? He's not leading us anywhere except to mediocre seasons that get us nowhere. How can you not see this?

He's a loser plain and simple. In terms of when the big lights come on he folds. This whole team does but it starts with him because it's a QB league now.

Romo is getting older and will not be getting any better.
  16. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    We need a young qb to grow with Dez, Smith, Murray, Harris, Hannah, Lee, Carter, Carr, Claiborne and other young players on the roster and that will be drafted. Those qbs aren't better than Romo but by the time our young players reach their prime they will be better suited for this team than Romo.

Like someone said before, we should inquire about the availability of Kirk Cousins.
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The teams I think that would trade for Romo most likely would not give up their first round pick.

AZ has a top 10 and needs a QB badly to go with a pretty talented team otherwise maybe you can get a team like that to give up there 2nd and 3rd round for Romo but the teams that need a QB and have talented are not giving up their top 10 pick.

Here is the current draft order and most have young QB's in the rookie to 2nd year mark or vets they like and the ones that are going to move on from their young QB are not giving you there first round pick for Romo

Kansas City
    Jacksonville
    Oakland
    Philadelphia
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Arizona
    Buffalo
    NY Jets
    Tennessee
    San Diego
    Miami
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    St. Louis
    Pittsburgh
    Dallas
    NY Giants
    Chicago
  18. hornitosmonster

4,301 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    it can get a hell of a lot worse.
  19. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Of course, the contra argument is that Romo takes away shots at the playoffs too...take last night for an example:) . I have come to accept Romo for what he is: a good quarterback who's damn lucky and a bit reckless. He's fun to watch if you're not a diehard Cowboys fan. A nailbiter if you are a Cowboys fan. He's very lucky that he didnt have at LEAST 2 more picks last night (that I counted). Of course, that's a moot point in light of the outcome. Not saying he is solely the cause of our being stuck in neutral, but he is a large stakeholder. It's feast or famine with him.
  20. hornitosmonster

4,301 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    diagree. we are not even in a win and you're in game without Romo. Team has four wins, game is never flexed. Yeah, it might be feast or famine with Romo but at least he keeps us around.