1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For those that want Romo fired please read

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lqmac1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,906 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    Did you see what post Aikman was like? Post Romo should definitely be a concern. Regardless of how people feel Romo has been our best quarterback since Aikman and when was his last game? '99?

Oh yeah people did think he'd be a good one and he still very well may be one. My point is, if you think a rookie qb will come in and get you into the post season without a dominant defense that commits turnovers then you are sadly mistaken. Chances of it happening are very slim.
  2. rocyaice

6,906 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    Its like people want to escape the fact that Alex Smith got his job taken over when his team was 9-4. :lmao2: Harbaugh and company know a little thing about player development. Especially a guy on their team lol.
  3. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,517 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    I don't disagree that it is hard to find a GREAT QB. But I don't agree that it is hard to find a SERVICEABLE QB. I think we would be fine. And, by the way, like it or not, we will have to do it sooner than some around here want to believe. Tony can't play forever and he will be 33 next year.
  4. rocyaice

6,906 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    I agree. I think it would be smart to draft someone and groom them. Not early rounds though. And who that guy is? I can't say. I just know it shouldn't be GEno Smith, Matt Barkley or Landry Jones.

And serviceable qb? Why cut Romo for a serviceable qb when Romo himself is better than serviceable.
  5. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,517 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    I wouldn't cut Romo. I wouldn't change a thing unless I knew I could get someone better in place. But I would be looking for his replacement right now.
  6. KoolAde2

KoolAde2 New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I wonder how it would have turned out if this hadn't happen
    Quarterback Tony Romo said he suffered a cracked rib on his left side, an injury sustained when he was hit by Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson late in the second quarter.
    Will not allow me to post link
  7. rocyaice

6,906 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    As would I. We're in agreement there. No one wants to see this team brought back another year but if our goal is to have success next year in the post season its our best bet. Our best bet is to upgrade the offensive line and defensive line and safety position.
  8. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,642 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    no excuses. He three two picks pre rib and had TD pass to Ogletree and two point conversion to Harris post rib.
  9. rocyaice

6,906 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    Yea but you can't deny that Romo had been playing well in December which was full of "big games". We had to win virtually all of them to even get to last night. So what happened? What changed?
  10. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I listened to several radio shows today on my long 7 hour drive to KC. Not one analyst down-graded Romo. All of them said Dallas would be foolish to dump him or trade him, that there is not a single draft selection that comes anywhere close to his skill set. Almost all stated he was an elite QB who simply needs help in protection, and decision making. One even said that if Dallas released him, all other 31 NFL teams would go after him.
  11. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,517 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Good grief... "ALL OTHER NFL TEAMS WOULD GO AFTER HIM"

Who are we kidding? Romo over Brady? Romo over P. Manning? Romo over Luck?

Did he qualify it by saying as long as Romo would be a backup for some of them?

I still think Romo is in the top half of QB's without question, but some folks around here need some perspective.
  12. JHaze4709

JHaze4709 New Member

4 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems like instead of gambling again on a QB, the Cowboys need to shore up the Offensive Line. Yeah Tony Romo makes some bonehead decisions, but all of us have to agree ... the last 3 weeks he played outstanding. The Cowboys O-Line was severely crushed with injuries, then all of them were healthy again; its plain to see the idea of Livings and Bernardeau hasn't panned out, so interior lineman is a desperate need; after a revamped OLine, a better than average reliable runningback then we should see just where Tony Romo is then. When the game doesn't fall completely in his lap. I think the idea of a younger QB should be addressed in the later rounds of the draft.
  13. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    The last 4 weeks Romo put us in a position to make the playoffs. Had he not played that well, yesterdays game would have meant nothing. He played a major role in getting us there, as well as a major role in getting us eliminated. Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.
  14. RGIII

RGIII Member

35 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You left one out there boss.

RGIII - 1st year
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    So we shouldn't expect him to play well in the regular season and in elimination games?
  16. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Or we could have a QB that doesn't play well in regular season thus we don't have to worry about elimination games. I see everyone's point, I just don't see who can come in here and do better at this time.
  17. birdwells1

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Or we could go 2-14 and not make playoffs or go 8-8 and not make the playoff. The same results just 1 team gets better draft position than the other.
  18. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

903 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Really?

Cardinals had Kurt Warner
    Seahawks had Matt Hasselbeck
    Jaguars had Mark Brunell
    Vikings had Brett Favre and Daunte Cullpepper
    Jets had Vinny Testaverde
    Bears currently have Jay Cutler
    Raiders had Rich Gannon
    Titans had Steve McNair

Every single one of those guys have taken their respective teams further than Tony Romo has. Each one has gotten to a AFC/NFC championship or a Super Bowl.
  19. InTheClouds

InTheClouds New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What part of the "Romo is holding together a 2-14 team with no talent and no depth and the most unqualified coach to hold a HC job in the last 10 years" is so hard for Dallas fans to understand?

This team is baaaaaad without Romo.
  20. birdwells1

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Jon Kitna says hi.