1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

For those who hate Tebow... And those who don't

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    An 8-year-old cancer patient, Blake Appleton, received a much-needed morale boost recently -- a surprise phone call from his long-time hero Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos.

The call came this month at a particularly grim time for Blake and his family. Blake, a native of Lake Worth, Fla., recently had told his mother that he no longer wants to undergo cancer treatment after being diagnosed with a deadly brain tumor. "Without treatment, he may only have six months," his mother, Miranda Appleton, told MyFoxOrlando.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/0...call-from-tim-tebow/?test=faces#ixzz1g6CRp8je

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/09/terminally-ill-child-receives-call-from-tim-tebow/?test=faces
  2. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,684 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    That is a great story.

God, please bless this young boy.
  3. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Second that.
  4. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I love Tebow for doing that. I'm saying a prayer for that boy.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,115 Messages
    3,139 Likes Received
    There aren't enough stories about this kind of stuff with athletes.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It makes me love Tebow even more. You just don't see star athletes with this amount of class anymore. My heart goes out to the boy and I sincerely hope he can overcome the tumor.
  7. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should root for guys like Tebow. Yes they get talked about a lot, yes sometimes they may get overhyped a bit. But the fact is, they do what you would expect a professional athlete to do and they're good teammates.

He reminds me of Romo in those respects and he plays for an AFC team, so I hope he continues doing well.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,993 Messages
    7,735 Likes Received
  9. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The more success Tebow has in the NFL, the more people he can reach and inspire. I hope the guy wins back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls, ugly throwing motion be damned.

The more I learn about the guy, the more I want him to succeed beyond his most ardent supporter's dreams for him.
  10. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please don't let that be with the Stancos, Steelers, Cheatriots, 49ers, Saints, Packers, or any NFC East team.
  11. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Yeah I don't know how you can deal with something like that. I know you have to, but I don't know how you can. You're completely helpless..
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,857 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    Tim Tebow is a fine young man. He just does not look to me like he will ever be much more than a temporary fix as a QB.
  13. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,544 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    The SB wins are fine so long as he is Cowboy by then.

I hope the guy has a good career but I want the Boys to stomp on him when we play him. He can win all the other games.
  14. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree with you on that. But I also believe that lots of guys do similar things like this and don't want it publicized.
  15. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I don't know, but one thing he seems to have is a unwavering desire to learn and get better. That will only bode well for him. He may never develop into anything more than a serviceable passer, but who cares as long as he wins? With all the knucklehead athletes out in this world, it is refreshing to have someone like Tebow.
  16. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm sure there are. But I don't for one minute think Tebow does this for the publicity. As a matter of fact, I'm sure Tebow didn't mention this to the media. I bet the family did.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,857 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    if he only developes into a mediocre to average passer, he will never be able to take a team very far. The Top D's will shut him down for sure.
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Tebow did it again ..... :laugh1: