1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Former Cowboy Pacman Jones arrested...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Idgit, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Apparently a lady hit him in the head with a bottle and he shoved her out of reflex or something like that
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,916 Messages
    2,103 Likes Received
    Why former Cowboy and not former Titan? Or Bengal?
  4. Idgit

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    Exactly. Because it gets more attention that way, and I was playing off of that well-known complaint around here.

Also, he's a former Cowboy.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    From what I heard apparently 2 intoxicated women approached him at a bar and asked to take a picture with him and he declined. After he declined one of the women threw a beer bottle at him striking him in the head and he slapped her.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    It sounds like the cops arrested the wrong person, again.
  7. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    poor pacman.

some of these women can be real snakes...

i would have punched her if i was pac instead of a mere slap...
  8. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    He's an idiot with his reputation he should stay out of bars he's a magnet for trouble.
  9. Idgit

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    He's an abusive jerk. And I don't trust his version of the story as far as I could throw that violent little munchkin in the first place.
  10. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,219 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    The only time I would ever consider hitting a woman would be if she had a gun in her hand or is stabbing me. A thrown bottles isn't enough for me to hit a woman tbh.
  11. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I don't feel sorry for him one bit, I have a friend who's a fellow WVU football alum like Pacman and he told me that at this years alumni dinner he showed up drunker than a skunk and when the lady at the check-in table didn't know who he was(like he thinks everyone should) he began degrading the woman til the point she started crying. He's a scumbag and deserves whatever trouble comes his way in my opinion.
  12. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Just saw the tape. Looked like self defense to me. He was arguing with 3 girls sitting at a table. And, one of the girls stood up and placed, not hit, a bottle against his face. He then hit her in response. Surprised he got arrested. As Judge Judy says, "Just because you're a girl, don't mean you get to hit a man and not get hit back."

edit:

Here you go. You be the judge...

[YOUTUBE]rZK0qBMr930[/YOUTUBE]
  13. Idgit

31,994 Messages
    7,737 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting that.

I don't consider that self-defense, at all, but even if it were, it's unconscionable. That guy deserves whatever the legal system has in store for him. It was a blemish on our organization that he ever had a star on his helmet as far as I'm concerned.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,609 Messages
    2,485 Likes Received
    The angry drunk strikes again. The frame rate makes it hard to judge how quick things are moving.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    I knew there was something we could agree on.
  16. KJJ

12,102 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    From what I can gather watching the video and the body language of both the female and Pacman as he walked over she stepped towards him and started saying something in what looked like an agitated tone. She definitely wasn't exchanging pleasantries with him. Whatever she was saying he obviously didn't like because he leaned in and started talking smack to her. Whatever he said pissed her off and that's when she threw the beer at him and he hit her.

I'm no lawyer but from what I can see on the video Pacman may have a real problem pleading self defense. You have to prove in court that you had no choice but to hit the other person because you felt threatened. There was a fence between Pacman and this woman and he leaned in towards her with his hands over the fence which means she can say she felt threatened. Let's face it this is a dude that has a reputation for trouble and slapping women.

She was a good arms length away from him on the other side of a fence he had to reach over to strike her. Good luck claiming he felt threatened with that gap between them he's the one who closed the gap. All he had to do was step away from the fence and let her yap she was drunk. Instead he ended up provoking her. This could lead to another big legal problem for him and put an end to his football career. What a time for this with training camps opening next month. What a dope!
  17. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I would have had the same reaction as Pacman if i saw a bottlle coming at my face.
  18. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    It looked like she threw beer liquid on him, not the bottle and it looked he had a chance to walk away before it escalated but he came back into the situation. Like another poster said, I'm not a lawyer but I have a hard time believing he's going to be able say self-defense. Aggravated battery is what I believe will stick.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    That is not self defense. Your Judge Judy quote doesn't apply because she did not hit him.
  20. bounce

bounce Active Member

719 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Regardless of how this situation plays out, the guy just puts himself in bad situations. And he's NOT going to get the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't need to go to bars or clubs - there's nothing GOOD that happens there. Just stay above reproach.