1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Fox: Jerry calls out Giants on first day of camp

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 31, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,936 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Jerry calls out Giants on first day of camp
    By Mike Fisher

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...nding_cowboys.html?blockID=768891&feedID=4680

OXNARD, Calif. — The Dallas Cowboys opened their training camp with a series of outrageous pronouncements from owner Jerry Jones, who spent time referencing closing windows and little-known oil drilling terms.

But those statements may have been topped by something Jones said Monday, as the team actually began workouts, when he punctuated a circus-like ceremony proceeding the club's afternoon workout by issuing an invitation to the Cowboys' California-based fans.

"Y'all should come visit Cowboys Stadium,'' Jones announced, "and watch us kick the Giants' *****.''

Jones must really like what he sees in this current crop of Cowboys because his recent incarnations have done anything but dominate the Giants since Dallas moved into Cowboys Stadium, losing three straight at home to their NFC East rival. Their last win against New York in Dallas came on Dec. 14, 2008....
  2. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,752 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I see Rob Ryan's "alligator mouth/hummingbird arse" disease has spread to JJ.
    Can't he just shut the hell up?
  3. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,889 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    que 5 pages of people seeing how can freak out the best over bulletin board material
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,332 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Who cares, as of now Jerry can talk all he wants. It does not matter who won the most recent rings. What matters is who has more.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,082 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    I have nothing against optimism and confidence. Go get 'em Jerry. :)
  6. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Thank god.

Jerry isn't a player... he can talk all he wants. And with the crap that Mara pulled and all the trash the Giants talk, who doesn't welcome this?
  7. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,457 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I love it!:bow:
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    Keeping quite does not seem to motivate why not go out and challenge the team. I could care less of what the Giants hang on their bulletin board and have no problem with Jerry making a bold statement as far as I’m concerned it is nothing but throwing down the gauntlet to the players
  9. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Screw the Giants!
    No one in that organization has ever shown an ounce of respect for our franchise. I don't think anyone on our team should feel the need to say nice things about them.
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,909 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I do to.
  11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,909 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    No, they are not.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

I'll take Jerry's swagger over DeMarcus Ware talking about losing his manhood to the Giants.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,577 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    Yep, good stuff!
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Have you been to ANY games in Cali?
  15. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I have, and they are not louder over there.
  16. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,219 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    So Jerruh doesn't expect the Cowboys to beat the Giants on opening night?
  17. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    You scard bro?
  18. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    I bet he expects to beat your BUMS regardless of where its played.
  19. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,835 Messages
    2,283 Likes Received
    Apparently, the Giants couldn't be any more fired up when they play the Cowboys. They always act like it is the superbowl when facing Dallas.

I say go ahead and talk. Maybe it'll fire up Dallas, because the Giants are going to be fired up facing us anyway.
  20. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In the video, Jerry says:

"... but we want you to come to that Stadium and watch us beat the New York Giants' ***, okay?!"

[youtube]_296r2VlSio&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Coulda been referring to the Season Opener @ NYG. Coulda been referring to Cowboys Stadium, later in the season. IDK. But honestly, I don't care. I find nothing wrong with the owner of the Dallas Cowboys giving a good ol' fashioned pep rally speech in front of the Oxnard TC crowd. I loved it. All for it.

What... we're supposed to quake in our boots, thinkin' the Giants might get some bulletin board style, motivational material boost out of what Jerry said? Sorry, I just don't think of that as a fear factor.