1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox News host says Obama is ‘a racist’

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glenn Beck claims president has ‘a deep-seated hatred for white people’

NEW YORK - Fox News Channel commentator Glenn Beck said he believes President Barack Obama is a racist. Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the "Fox & Friends" morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."

His remarks came during a discussion of Obama's reaction to the arrest of Harvard University scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. Gates is black and was arrested for disorderly conduct by a white policeman over a misunderstanding about a break-in at Gates' home.

An Obama spokesman, William Burton, said the White House had no comment on Beck.

‘This guy is, I believe, a racist’
    Beck's statement was challenged on the air by Fox host Brian Kilmeade, who noted that most of the people who work for the nation's first black president are white.

"I'm not saying he doesn't like white people," Beck said. "He has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist."

Beck wondered, during the discussion, what other president would immediately jump on the police for their actions in the case. Obama said in a news conference that he believed the police acted stupidly in the case, but later backtracked from the statement and invited Gates and the police officer, Sgt. James Crowley, to the White House for a conciliatory meeting later this week.

Bill Shine, Fox News senior vice president of programming, told the TVNewswer Web site that Beck had "expressed a personal opinion which represented his own views, not those of the Fox News Channel. And as with all commentators in the cable news arena, he is given the freedom to express his opinions."

Controversies
    Racial controversies are hardly new to presidents. In 2005, entertainer Kanye West said during a telethon after Hurricane Katrina that President George W. Bush "doesn't care about black people."

Beck, also a radio host and best-selling author, was an immediate hit with Fox News Channel viewers, starting in January when he made the jump from HLN (formerly CNN Headline News).

Beck didn't speak about the racial comments on his own Tuesday Fox show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32197648/ns/politics-more_politics/
  2. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Wow. There are no words.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,880 Messages
    2,137 Likes Received
    Although the trail of evidence is there to say those things (see many, many comments and 20 year affiliation with know racist Rev Wright) I tend to not think the accusation is true.

The issue to me is that, flip the script (which is easier said than done based on real historic wrongs) and provide the same resume to a white guy, then that man would be slaughtered by the press. Fair or not, that's just how it is. It is somewhat acceptable to publically use blanket negative statements against whites and get away with it.

If I had to chose (and not saying either is the case) I'd say Michelle is the more likely of the two to carry that hatred. Her writings tend to lean that way, but again, I'd be crazy to say I know either of their hearts.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Just as stupid as those on the other side who said Bush was a racist.

I would like to punch all of them in their mouths ..... none of those rich morons (from Obama to Beck) understand anything about racism.
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,692 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Ya know what..........W.House Press secty Gibbs is on record that prior to that presser they actually went over this subject and how to answer in advance........

his quote:GIBBS: Safe to say we went over a whole lot of topics that we thought might come up and certainly this was a topic that was and has been in the news.

.......and yet Obama spewed out the answer that he gave, even after preparation.......his answer was from the heart, instinctive....even after pre-presser warmup....

Barack Nifong;) didnt even think he was blowing the answer.......

Washington Times: Sometimes It Isn't Racism - Mark Steyn
    National Review: What Happened to Our Postracial President? - Victor Davis Hanson
    Sweetness & Light: Gates 'Charity' Gives Money To His Pals
    The Prowler: Profiling Obama
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,006 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    While I don't think Obama is a racist I will say he used terms that would not go over well had a white person said them

Example:

610 WIP host Angelo Cataldi asked Obama about his Tuesday morning speech on race at the National Constitution Center in which he referenced his own white grandmother and her prejudice. Obama told Cataldi that "The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity, but that she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know (pause) there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way."

Now if a white president made a comment about a typical black person response I don't think they would go over very well with many. Again I don't think Obama is racist I just think certain statements he has made would be touchy for whites.
  7. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree on the first point, it as as stupid as people calling Bush racist. However, I don't think that having a lot of money as an adult necessarily excludes you from understanding racism.
  8. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Glen Beck wondering why Barack Obama would jump over the police as one of the reason

Early on, Barack Obama has mistakenly involved himself in conversations that the President of the United States shouldn't be involved in. I felt that he should have ignored Rush Limbaugh and I felt he should not have made a comment on Dr. Gates.

Also, I highly doubt any of Barack Obama's white relatives would say he is a racists.
  9. Doomsday101

77,006 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    You are right but then on the other hand he was a member for 20 years in Rev. Whites church where racist comments were made by his own rev. while that does not make Obama a racist again it reflects on Obama after all why would you attend a church for 20 years listening to a Rev like Wright who would make statements he has?
  10. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Also, Barack Obama would be an absolute fool to respond to this.

He needs to realize he is the President of the United States.
  11. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've heard it all
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Obama doesn't care about white people!
  13. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Obama's own words will be his undoing. Attending a racist church for 20 years certainly does not help things. He jumped all over the cops calling them stupid before he even knew the details of what happened. He automatically assumed it was a race deal. His racial instinct took him that direction. Does that make him a racist? Maybe. Maybe not. Those that have studied his words of the last 20 years recognize he has made many questionable comments. His books are very revealing in my opinion.
  14. Doomsday101

77,006 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    I don't think Obama is any more or any less racist than most of us.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    The actual quote is:

"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't, but she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away, and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

The meaning and intentions are debateable but if they are going to be discussed, at the very least we can try and get the quotes right.
  16. Doomsday101

77,006 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    I did not write the post that is what was in the press, I added nothing to it or took anything out of it.
  17. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,692 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    I'll hit this again..........cannot be ignored........this is his "tell" in poker speak

Ya know what..........W.House Press secty Gibbs is on record that prior to that presser they actually went over this subject and how to answer in advance........

his quote:GIBBS: Safe to say we went over a whole lot of topics that we thought might come up and certainly this was a topic that was and has been in the news.

.......and yet Obama spewed out the answer that he gave, even after preparation.......his answer was from the heart, instinctive....even after pre-presser warmup....

Barack Nifong;) didnt even think he was blowing the answer.......

Washington Times: Sometimes It Isn't Racism - Mark Steyn
    National Review: What Happened to Our Postracial President? - Victor Davis Hanson
    Sweetness & Light: Gates 'Charity' Gives Money To His Pals
    The Prowler: Profiling Obama
  18. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I figured this thread was going to be more about Glenn Beck's yammering, not whether or not Barack Obama was actually a racist.

Guess I should have known better.
  19. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received

If he doesnt realize hes the President of the UNited States by now, what is he thinking he is?
  20. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received

He said it was an opinion, guess what, we can ignore it. Much like Michelle who said she can finally be proud of America, as if the country has never given her one aspect to be proud of, but because it made Obama President, now shes finally proud of it. That and the barrels of money she made.