1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Fox News host says Obama is ‘a racist’

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Jul 29, 2009.

1. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Obama joined Wright's church because it was a dominant institution in the south side of Chicago and he wanted to get elected state senator from that district. He is a politician, go figure. Just like when Bush sucked up to Bob Jones University at a time when there was a ban on interracial dating there. Now I don't think Bush is a racist considering both his Secretaries of State were black, and Condi Rice was probably his most trusted foreign policy advisor. But guess what? Bush is a politician, just like Obama, and neither are racist.

Obama was raised by two white grandparents, had mostly white friends as a teenager and college student, and has a white mother. If you think he is racist against whites because of a few isolated incidents in his past I don't know what to tell you other than you are being hypocritical and just plain silly.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,997 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    well now - obama could go 20 years to wrights church and everyone said -hey - that doesn't mean he believes everything he says!!!

yet i believe everything manning says cause it's convenient and i've known about him for less than a day.

interesting the analogies people can make.
  3. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,080 Messages
    491 Likes Received

So Obama sat in a racist Church for 20 years or so was just for votes?
  4. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Actually he really didn't attend church that often which is why he was present in any of those videos. So I doubt he sat in church all of those years.

And did Bush suck up to Bob Jones University because he approves of their racist policies?
  5. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Heres a newsflash . Obama can't be racist because his mom is white from Kansas lol. People always try to make everything about race lol:laugh2:
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    Bob Jones University has since issued an apology for its "racially hurtful" policies, including its rescinded ban on interracial dating. BJU has also started a number of scholarships designed to assist minority students.

Where has Reverend Wright apologized for anything?
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For 20 years?????

Right! Or should I say "Wright"! Remember, Obama called this guy his mentor.
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don Imus was labeled a racist for 1 statement. Rush Limbaugh has been labeled a racist as well for a statement he made decades ago. So what you are saying is that anyone who label them as racists "just plain silly", correct?
  9. ShiningStar

6,080 Messages
    491 Likes Received

They dont know what they are spouting at this point, just let them ramble and be done with it.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I probably should. That's why I left this forum for months. It rarely makes sense.
  11. ShiningStar

6,080 Messages
    491 Likes Received

Theres some of us to chat with, you just gotta surf for the posts, thats the downside.

Speaking of which have you gotten back to Guli about worse Americans than Lincoln?
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL. No, but I can swing a dead cat and hit 100 of them that were worse than him and they are still alive.
  13. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    [IMG]hmmmm....Crowly helping Gates down the steps........and the other guy........."its not about me"
  14. ShiningStar

6,080 Messages
    491 Likes Received

Please send a PM on who they are, we'll chat.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well we could start with ever rapist and child molester and go from there.
  16. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I don't think Imus is a racist. He is a shock jock, who took a joke too far. So I do think it is silly to label Imus a racist. What he said was racist, but I wouldn't label him as a racist. The fact that you don't think Imus is a racist, but think Obama is seems a bit hypocritical to me.
  17. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Good for BJU. I could give to poopoos about Wright or BJU. You are trying to erect a strawman, and as Parcells said I am not going to get sucked. The issue is Bush sucked up to BJU at a time when they had terribly racist policies. Does that make Bush racist? No. It makes him a politician.
  18. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Obama wasn't there when any of those speeches were given, and probably wasn't there when most of Wright's sermons were given. Wright said himself that Obama rarely came to church. Remember Obama's mother was agnostic, and Obama himself didn't have a religious upbringing. I think it is pretty obvious Obama was a member of Wright's church to woo his constituency.
  19. ShiningStar

6,080 Messages
    491 Likes Received

He had his kids baptised by this guy, he went there for 20 years plus and was married at the church, AGAIN thats more than just for votes.
  20. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I was Bar Mitzvahed by a man that I feel is a bigot (based on a certain issue which I will not discuss here), does that make me a bigot? I don't think so. Because I don't believe the same things he does. Just because I have associates that have bigotted views doesn't make me a bigot. This racist by association thing is stupid.

It was a racist act to be a member of Wright's church, but I don't think Obama is a racist. Just like it was a racist act for Bush to suck up to BJU, but Bush is not a racist. You have yet to address whether you think bush is a racist. Also keeping in mind that the Bush campaign bashed McCain's daughter for being an illegitimate black child (not true). Just seems sort of hypocritical to me.