1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Fox's Post-Super Bowl NFL mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Feb 9, 2011.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-mock-draft-cam-newton-arizona-cardinals-020711

did any one see this

9. Dallas Cowboys (6-10), Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska: After walking around Dallas on Saturday, I can tell you one thing — those folks love their Cowboys. Whether it was at Nick and Sam’s Grill (a great brunch spot if you want some amazing breakfast tacos) or any of the spots downtown, the talk last week was a) the weather, and b) the ‘Boys. All the fans I chatted with are focused on improving two things — the offensive line and the defensive backfield. To be certain, a host of second- and third-tier quarterbacks like David Garrard, Rex Grossman and Shaun Hill lit up the Cowboys in 2010. Cornerback and safety are the most pressing needs on the roster, and I think Dallas goes with a defensive back over an offensive tackle with this pick. Though he didn’t rack up the interceptions in 2010, Amukamara (pronounced ah-MOO-kuh-MAR-ah) lived up to the hype: He was an All-American, Big 12 defensive player of the year and Jim Thorpe Award finalist. He'd be a welcomed addition to Rob Ryan's unit.

11. Houston Texans (6-10), Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina:
    and for Sdogo :laugh2:

31. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4), Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State: Though there were some serious concerns throughout the preseason in Pittsburgh, the injury-riddled Steelers offensive line did a pretty darn good job protecting Ben Roethlisberger in 2010. Flozell Adams obviously isn’t the long-term answer at tackle, though, and two other big boys are set to become free agents if a new CBA is worked out. Pittsburgh should go offensive line with this pick. Enter the rather-versatile Sherrod. The big boy helped pave the way for a Bulldogs rushing attack that averaged 227.58 yards per game in 2010. He’s a road paver who can play all over the line. If Sherrod’s still hanging around at No. 31, it’s a solid pickup for the AFC-champion Steelers

32. Green Bay Packers (10-6), Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin: An 11-year veteran who’d never played on Super Bowl Sunday, Chad Clifton was one of the feel-good stories of Super Bowl XLV. He opted to re-sign last offseason after the NFL draft, played a superb left tackle all year and ended a dream season with a tremendous performance and a coveted ring. Clifton should be back next year, but he doesn’t have too many seasons left in those legs. Starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga could play left, if needed, or he could stay put on the right. Either way, the Packers fans would be delighted to see the 6-7 Gabe Carimi — a star for the beloved Badgers — in Packers green, keeping Aaron Rodgers’ other side safe for years to come.
  2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

12,460 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I have to admit that I'd rather trade down and take B Harris or A Williams at CB and still pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder (vs taking Prince at 9).
  3. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    Me too. But I don't want to move down either. I want an X factor.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,626 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    Quinn should bs the pick in this scenario.