1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FoxSports: Marvez: Carter emerges at LB for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 21, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,323 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    Updated Sep 20, 2012 11:42 AM ET

IRVING, Texas

Bruce Carter was a member of the Dallas Cowboys in 2011.

He just didn't feel like one.

Recovery from knee surgery forced Carter to miss the first six games of his rookie season. When he returned, he barely touched the field as a linebacker. Carter was instead used almost exclusively on special teams.

"It was definitely tough, especially not being able to play (defense) and coming in so late," Carter told FOXSports.com on Wednesday at team headquarters. "You just want to keep working, take mental reps and try and stay as focused as you can so when that time comes you'll be ready."
    That time has come — and Carter has proven more than ready.

Read the rest: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...es-at-linebacker-after-redshirt-season-091912
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,176 Messages
    2,762 Likes Received
    I just love our two ILB's. It's going to be a joy to watch them the next few years.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,803 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Agreed

:bow:
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,114 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Just wait until he "gets it". Right now he is thinking too much. When he really knows what to do look out. It's about freaking time!
  5. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,810 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Lee is a 3 contract player, he's a lifer. If Carter can improve he may be too. We could be looking at 10-12 years of seeing them play together, not just a few years. :). I love when players stick their whole career on a team. Seeing Favre leave the Packers, Tomlinson leave the Chargers, Peyton leave the Colts.. It just feels wrong. I hope Brady never leaves the Patriots. I don't think he will leave the team. If he retires as a Patriot he will certainly have the most historic aura of any player from this era due to the one team aspect.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    He's just scratching the surface... He'll be even better in 2013.