1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Frederick - Instant leader?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HowAboutThemCowboys, Aug 29, 2013.

1. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,529 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    The debate with the Cowboys the last half decade or so has been the lack of a true leader. Whether you agree or not, it's definitely been a point of contention. First, can a O-lineman be an effective team leader? Secondly, can a rookie O-lineman be an effective leader?

I think an O-lineman can be a leader and by the looks of things, T. Frederick has all the makings of a team leader. I have seen many sideline shots of this kid talking to groups of players , he calls the coverages on the O-line, he seems to have a presence about him.....all things you see in a leader. Jury is still out on him, but I like what I see so far.
    FLcowboy, OhSnap and Everson24 like this.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,492 Messages
    1,682 Likes Received
    Whatever..

Kinda always felt this team had leaders but the media harps on it so much and it eventually trickles down to some fans.

The problem with this team has been stupid mistakes and coming out for games looking unprepared by Garrett.
  3. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,603 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I chuckled when I saw that sideline video shot of the rookie (Frederick) apparently coaching the veterans (Kowalski and Arkin) on the sidelines.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,416 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    When I saw it I thought to myself wow the rookie is already schooling the "Vets."

I've been wanting an upgrade at center since the days Gurode was stealing Pro bowls...
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,173 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    I'm a Garrett fan but i'll have to agree. I never got the whole "Leader" argument the media always went to.......that's just lazy journalism IMO. So if we had Ray Lewis in our locker room we would've made the post season last year? I will never get why the media harps on that so much.

The same media use to say the same thing about Dirk. He'll never win a championship because he's not a "leader" and needs a "Batman". Well that was prior to him winning a championship.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    When mistakes are tolerated that means you have no leadership.
  7. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,529 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Swing and a miss!
  8. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,496 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    Catch17 (repeated) agenda aside, yes, I see Fred as a potential leader for this team, but mostly on the field (ironically) right now...you see him making the play-calls and so far, he has been in the right spots...this kid "gets" it and I hope that his attitude, presence and play is infectious to the rest of the OLine and team
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,917 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    I think Frederick will quickly become the leader on the OL. Guy seems to be very intelligent and dedicated plus he likes getting paid to hit people. lol
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,459 Messages
    3,735 Likes Received
    The first response in a Frederick thread is a JG bash?