1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Free Agent Targets: OG

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by supercowboy8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Just going to list some OGs that will be free agents I would like to see Dallas go after.

Andy Levitre: Will be 27 next season. Best available OG. Great LG that everyone will want. Buffalo has said he is their #1 priority so I doubt he walks, but with a new coaching staff he might want out. Would love to have him.

Louis Vasquez: Will be 26 next season. Not talked much about but had a very good year with the Chargers this year. He is your classic RG, big, good feet and powerful.

Matt Slauson: Will be 27 next season. Played college ball and in the pros for Callahan. Goos Pass protector but not much of a run blocker. Is more of a LG than RG.

Livings didn't have a great year but was an average to above average OG and I think Livings would be a better RG than LG. I think he stays one more year.
    Any of the three above would be nice additions and would upgrade this OL.
    Also I think this draft is loaded at OG. Warmack, Cooper, Warford, Bailey, Winters, Thomas, and Jones could come in and start day one at OG.
  2. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I figured Byrd would be their #1 guy. Unless they are able to work out a deal before the deadline, whoever they tag out of Levitre & Byrd, I would definitely try and create the space to sign the other. Both impact players at positions of need
  3. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    They will tag Byrd, cheaper to tag a safety than a OL.
    After they get a deal done with Levitre they will then take time and try to get a long term deal done with Byrd. They want to get something done before FA starts with Levitre.

Byrd will not be available.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Levitre.
  5. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Do you have links that say Levitre enjoys Buffalo enough where he wouldn't test the market? I can't see him signing early with the new changes in Buffalo
  6. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    I never said he enjoys Buffalo, so why would I have a link. He might walk and if so he will be highly over paid by some one. I said that Buffalo made him their #1 priority to resign. They may not be able to but money talks.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,458 Messages
    1,650 Likes Received
    I don't think we can invest big money on this position after what we did last year.

The draft is where the value is.

If we go OL in FA I'd look at a center or tackle.
  8. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Slauson may be the only one they bring him. Shouldn't cost much and is familiar with Callahan.

I think Dallas will skip all OL positions in FA this year. I think they want to give Parnell a shot and draft a OG, OT and C. or atleast two of the three. Not saying all three will be early.

Also their aren't any FA centers worth spending any money on.

With Kiffin coming in dallas will go defense heavy to make Kiffin defense work.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Yeah but you gotta hit on those picks. Not the M O here.
  10. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,512 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Draft Warmack
  11. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Warmack will be gone by 18 IMO, he is to good. To many teams picking right before us that need OL .

Cooper, Warford, Jones and Thomas are guys we should look at.
  12. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I agree with the targets, but Livings was garbage. The next running lane he opens will be his first. The guard pickups from last season could not have been any worse. Unfortunately, I don't know if we will have any money to spend on free agency, especially on the line after those bad moves so we will be reliant on the draft. I would love Warmack, but not sure if he makes it to 18. Give me a guard and Center in this draft and hopefully Leary can challenge for the other G spot.
  13. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,512 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I am resting my hopes on the history of not taking Guards that high;)
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,430 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    We were told the same about DeCastro.
  15. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,653 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    We did bring up Leary to keep another team from snatching him up. He may figure into the mix now in his second year of strength program. Personally I would rather see upgrade at center then grab FA guard this year.
  16. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Warmack is better than decastro. If he is there I will take him but I think Dallas will go DL or safety
  17. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,273 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    For better or worse don't expect big changes along the OL. Costa will be the starting center and Parnell replaces Free. Smith and Livings stay. RG will be the only real change IMO
  18. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Get ready for more of the same next year. This offense and romo will not be able to succeed with this OL. Costa is not the answer and i dont understand why people like him now. He was the worse C in the nfl last year and played one game this year. Let that short ARM cap player walk.

Sorry but putting a OL with kills, Costa, and parnell out on the field will fix nothing.
  19. supercowboy8

5,230 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Costa at center and no reliability behind Parnell who has never startwd at RT. Get ready for more of the same.
  20. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,273 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    Didn't say it would be any better. Said that's what it'll be. Mostly for cap reasons.