1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Free or Parnell?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyStar88, Dec 10, 2012.

1. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,520 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Who do you guys think they should roll with? I like the size and athleticism Parnell brings. I think he needs more reps. I am curious as to why they decided to rotate them in and out. I think Parnell played well and will only get better. What do you guys think?
  2. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Last week I wouldve said Parnell but this week I just say flip a coin.
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,905 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Free Parnell!
  4. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,520 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Why do you say that? I think he brings more to the running game. Also I don't think he was given enough time to really settle in and get comfortable and adjust to the situation. I think he gets more snaps next week.
  5. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,632 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    If they are even close, with their paycheck differences, its Parnell by a landslide long term. Parnell was just on the left side a lil while back, and now has made the switch to the right side being the swing tackle. He hasn't had all the time to 'adjust to the right side' that we have given to Free, would like to see what Parnell has to offer.
  6. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,661 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Parnell:eek:
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Neither of them are the answer. But I hope Jerry doesn't crown Parnell with a long-term contract and the starting job based on this last month :eek: It will be Free all over again
  8. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,469 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    I'll keep posting it until it happens, Tyron belongs at RT and Parnell at LT for now.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Put the crack pipe down.

Romo would probably immediately retire if you put Parnell at LT instead of Tyron.

FYI for future reference. You put your best tackle at LT, not RT. Parnell DAMN sure isn't the best tackle on this team.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,677 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Yep.. Free is terrible. Im not mad at the Cowboys resigning him because he was a solid player when they made that deal. I'll be mad though if they keep trotting him out there because of that deal.
  11. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,432 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    The team needs to make a solid assessment of Parnell before going into the draft and free agency. He should get at least half of the snaps for the remaining games.
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,456 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    i thought Free played pretty well yesterday

Rotating tackles is odd but it does give Parnell some more game experience.

I do know Parnell is here next year. Not so sure about Free
  13. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,697 Messages
    334 Likes Received
  14. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,469 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Crack pipe? Dude who do you think played LT when Tyron was hurt? Parnell. And there was no dropoff of note.

Is there any more tired, hoary conventional thinking than "put your best tackle at LT"? Tyron's year is proof positive that these are not interchangeable positions, your don't plug in your tackle just anywhere like it's a burned out Christmas light bulb.

This team would be better with Parnell treading water at LT and Tyron commanding at RT than with Tyron struggling at LT and Free getting battered at RT.
  15. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The problem is that I don't think there's nearly enough evidence to conclude that Parnell would "tread water" at LT. While no one had earth-shakingly poor outings, Parnell looked just as bad, if not a tad worse, than Free on Sunday.

There's not an easy solution here. We have two healthy offensive linemen who are at replacement level or better. Any argument for Parnell has to be a "building for the future" argument. For my part, I'd stick with Free for whatever shred of value continuity on this line would give us, at least until the season is lost.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,677 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Im not a what have you done for me lately with Doug Free. He's been exposed and he just can't physically handle the majority of players he'll go against.

Parnell at least has the prototype size to not get lifted and tossed.
  17. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,720 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    I think Tyron's struggles have been greatly overblown.
  18. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

965 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Dare we consider rotating them? Keep them fresh down the stretch.
  19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Free has no push and has trouble anchoring at times too. He is too weak.
  20. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received

THOUGHT THIS WAS KID FRIENDLY SITE

WHERE REALITY WHEN NEEDED ???????????????