1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Freestyle Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by da_whiz_kid, Feb 21, 2013.

1. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    After pretty much sculpting a mock with Cooper going in the first and the realization that Cooper probably won't be there along with Warmack. (my brother's are all Ram fans and the talk is they go Cooper or Warmack if available, and since I think Warmack will be gone before Cooper, I assume Cooper is gone) I got frustrated and decided to do a really fast mock, with out as much detail or consideration with my picks other than my constant picks(marked with an *). So not the most serious of mocks but addressing needs and future off the top of the dome. So, Here goes.

FA
    Brandon Moore
    Nick Roach
    Brandon Tate
    Chris Ivory

Resign
    Sims
    Lemon

Draft

Trade down in 1st 8-10 spots acquire 3 and 5
    1 Dion Jordan WDE Future starter when Ware breaks down.
    2 Phillip Thomas* I've pretty much already made up my mind about him and think he's the best. Sue me. ;)
    3 Sylvester Williams Good player fits the scheme, can move inside or play out. 1t/3t
    3 Malliciah Goodman SDE, Spencer not resigned.
    4 David Quessenberry Good player, should compete to start and/or rotate.
    5 Brennan Williams Tackle battles with Parnell.
    5 Shamarko Thomas Baller, provides depth and challenges Church. Tired of Sensy and McCray
    6 Robbie Rouse Can do many things despite his size. Highly productive and great vision.

I figure it's different than what has been posted so why not. I'll do a more serious one tomorrow.
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,966 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Everybody needs to calm down with the gloom and doom talk with the guards not being available. At least 1 will be there, remember when we had no shot at DeCastro and Zeitler was even a big question mark?

And Sylvester Williams will not be available in the 3rd. Im guessing you went by CBS's rankings? No idea why the have him so low. I see him going anywhere between 25-50. No way he lasts all the way to the 3rd though.

Would be a hell of a draft though, like all of those guys a lot.
  3. da_whiz_kid

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Williams was a mistake as he is 2nd round in my real mock. Just put him there as literally just wrote it and walked away.

Also, no doom and gloom, but how many mocks do we have to see with the same players in the first. I just provided a different taste. A pale ale rather than the usual lager. lol
  4. da_whiz_kid

864 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    should read...

1 Dion Jordan WDE Future starter when Ware breaks down.
    2 Phillip Thomas* I've pretty much already made up my mind about him and think he's the best. Sue me.
    3 Brian Winters
    3 Malliciah Goodman SDE, Spencer not resigned.
    4 Jordan Hill
    5 Brennan Williams Tackle battles with Parnell.
    5 Shamarko Thomas Baller, provides depth and challenges Church. Tired of Sensy and McCray
    6 Robbie Rouse Can do many things despite his size. Highly productive and great vision.
  5. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

958 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Very diverse from the other mocks showing up these days, really like Dion Jordan, like Philip Thomas but like me some DJ Swearinger more, I think he brings swagger and creates fear for WR's.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,166 Likes Received
    This would be a terrific draft if the players were available at those picks.

1 Dion Jordan

I don't see this player being available at #18 and definitely not later. I would take him over Mingo.

2 Phillip Thomas
    You shouldn't need to defend this pick. I believe he has the best INT stats of the Safeties.

3 Brian Winters
    Very good OG for the ZBS.

3 Malliciah Goodman
    One of my favorites to play SDE.

4 Jordan Hill

Good pick. A good fit at the 3-tech.

5 Brennan Williams
    Good pick if available. I expect him to go in the 4th round.

5 Shamarko Thomas
    Very good player and good pick here. He would be drafted earlier if he was an inch taller.

6 Robbie Rouse
    I don't know if Garrett will draft a RB that has issues in pass protection.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,649 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    I like Swearinger too.
    Don't be surprised though, if he goes at least 1 round later than Thomas. he could even go late 3rd or 4th round.
    Good news there is that we may be able to get him later.