1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

From BTB rating the positions against the division

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by waving monkey, Apr 3, 2014.

1. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,367 Messages
    916 Likes Received
  2. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,894 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    A pretty good article. I don't really disagree with anything, but would like to point out that the position groups we lose in are important ones and they are canyon sized gaps.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,902 Messages
    7,655 Likes Received
    Don't disagree much with the position group rankings, but averaging each group collectively and unweighted is pretty silly.
    pancakeman and Nation like this.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I would disagree with LB and Safety.

Mychal Kendricks certainly looks to be worth mention and along with Ryan I can't see Philly being 4th. In fact, I'd probably put them ahead of the rest with 2 quality LBs and lots of injured players competing with them.

Dallas shouldn't be over anyone at safety. "Depth"? Apparently just means a pulse.
    yentl911 likes this.
  5. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,894 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    I'm not familiar enough with the Skins linebackers, but without Fletcher I can't disagree, I suppose.

But Collinsworth must have been trolling with regard to his praise for Kendricks. The guy wasn't very good last year. Hell, he wasn't really all that good in the final game when he was being praised. Ryans has always been overrated and probably is on a clear decline now-- he had even a worse year than Kendricks.
  6. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,676 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I don't get the safety rankings either but maybe we have a future there - Church is solid and I expect one of these kids to really step up and take control of the other position this year - I am hoping it is Wilcox.

I would love to see Johnson finally make the jump but I have zero confidence in the Glass-Man even making it through the pre-season.
  7. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,939 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Yeah, all other things being equal, a team with an outstanding O line and below average TE is probably always going to beat a team with a below average O line and an outstanding TE.
    Idgit likes this.