1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

From ESPN Ben & Skin: Houston Nutt on deck to become RB coach

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LittleD, Jan 21, 2013.

1. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

856 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Houston Nutt on deck to become RB coach despite what Broaddus thinks. They seem to think the news is coming real soon, maybe later today. RHG fires brother and has to accept a Nutt as (Jerry's drinking buddy) a member of his staff. Could a HC be any more emasculated...???
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    Eh.. I'll take what Broaddus says over them.
  3. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sounds like Jerry is doing his best to get his "moles" in there to see what's really going on with Garrett to make an informed decision next year. I don't see any way that JG stays on next year because there were will numerous outlets reporting back to Jerry about what they probably didn't like about JG's coaching attributes. Not that I mind, but thinks it's pointless unless Jerry has told Gruden or whoever to wait till next year.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    who is their source that john garrett was fired? how about Nutt being forced on Jason?

or this stuff pure speculation, once again?
  5. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,410 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Sweet! Global domination is at hand!
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,902 Messages
    4,248 Likes Received
    I seen some pretty crazy ideas on here but the idea that Jerry is going to hire a coach to be a MOLE for him seems pretty darn silly to me.

Jerry does not need a MOLE(S) to watch Jason when Jerry is already more involved with this team than probably all of the owners and gms combined.
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love your sig!
  8. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No I wasn't saying that Nutt's hire would be ONLY to be a mole, but just another way where he could get a 2fer... a coach and a mole to give him the low down. Its not like these are JG's hires so there would be no loyalty to him especially looking at the circumstances.
  9. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

856 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    is trying to nudge RHG to quit. He wants Gruden or someone else but doesn't want to pay RHG this year. All signs say that this is going to be a very uncomfortable time for RHG. Jerry is on the prod...
  10. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    161 Likes Received

Thats a good thing?
  11. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,248 Likes Received
    Still pretty far fetched IMO. I see no way that jerry needs to hire someone to be a Mole (even if that is only .01% of the reason for hiring him) when Jerry is already so involved with this team that he knows what is going on with it.

Sorry...seems really silly to me.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,248 Likes Received
    You asked this question because you think I indicated it was?
  13. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what is more likely is him visting the doc to get RID OF some moles...
  14. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,248 Likes Received
    Could be but I doubt it. I think he still likes Jason. I think he wants to give Jason a chance to succeed and if he wanted to fire Jason he would fire jason contract be damned.

He did not worry about a contract when He fired the last HC.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,703 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    Yeah that is rediculous. I'm not a Garrett fan but I have no doubt he is doing the best he can.
  16. CashMan

1,382 Messages
    161 Likes Received

A tad. I think Jerry is one of those people, who would force, his HC to hire one of his guys. Except for Parcells and JJ, all of the coaches have been puppet HCs.
  17. BrAinPaiNt

60,902 Messages
    4,248 Likes Received
    Just to clear things NO I do not think it is a good thing. However that has nothing to do with my post.

I have said for many years that there is one constant since our last superbowl.

We have went through different players.
    Different HCs, OCs, DCs, ST Coaches.
    Different styles of offense and defense.

The one constant is Jerry.

When a team has one play off win in so many years and has a .500 record for more than a decade and the Owner has tried different players, coaches and types of offense and defense...maybe it is time to change GMs.
  18. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,230 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    Those of us who read the transcript of Houston Nutt's job interview with Garrett recently could see that interview was a just a sham and a disservice to JG. Jerry may as well fire Garrett now rather than to continue emasculating him in that manner. Nutt and Jerry both treated that interview like a joke. It was obvious Jerry and his Nutty drinking buddy had already agreed the job was his before that interview ever took place. One can readily see now why Garrett (or anyone else) couldn't help being disfunctional in that environment.
  19. CashMan

1,382 Messages
    161 Likes Received

I would agree.
  20. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,299 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious.

Are you referring to this?

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2013/1/18/3890406/jason-garrett-interviews-houston-nutt