1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

From ESPN Ben & Skin: Houston Nutt on deck to become RB coach

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LittleD, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,220 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Sounds like a realistic metaphor to me . . .
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    are you perhaps related to Manti Teo?
  5. Bullflop

2,220 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    In a word, no.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,889 Messages
    4,239 Likes Received
    Maybe but A turd that would not fall for that fake interview. :laugh2:
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,228 Messages
    4,763 Likes Received
    Come-on mayne!

Garrett: Wait, so you’re saying that you never watched film of potential recruits? You just watched romantic comedies?

Nutt: I did. Because, you see, you’ve got to have a unique philosophy. Lot of teams watch game film. Nobody expected 27 Dresses. Caught ‘em by surprise. How you think I got ole Nick Brassell to score a touchdown on Alabama – ALABAMA!!!! – on our opening drive. Just before we took the field, I pulled Nicky aside, said, "It’s sad ‘cause she ain’t never got married, and that’s what she wants the most." Nick understood. Took the field. BOOM!! Touchdown.

I guess P.T. Barnum was correct.
  8. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,440 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Ditto
    :laugh1:
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I really hope this isnt true.

I am curious to see if hue jackson has a spot. He would be a more qualified RB coach, a deserving hire and a guy who has worked in a similar offense under cameron in baltimore.

he has been a head coach, rb coach, st coordinator, secondary coach and wr coach and offensive coordinator

He has the experience they are looking for. he fits the surround garrett with good experienced coaches.

and if callahan takes over as playcaller jackson is well versed in the west coast offense, if for some reason we swing that way.

and frankly, hiring a guy who is not deserving in nutt over a guy who is deserving and happens to be african american just looks bad to me.

Adding jackson as rb coach and tice as te coach would put a ton of experience on this staff. And a lot of them have worked with unconventional owners/head coaches so there wont be a culture shock here.

We will have added kiffin, marinelli, jackson, tice. that is a ton of experience added to a staff.

factor in eberflus and henderson are highly thought of as are jimmy robinson and wade wilson and this would be a good staff.

not a big fan of adding tice, but he fits the mold, i would prefer sporano but watkins said he wont come here.
  10. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not pleased with our head coach, never thought he earned the position, but any coach or decision not made by him for our coaching staff is the wrong move. If he wants to remain OC then it's his call. He wants his brother in Staff his call. It feels to me that Jones is making these decisions and that is the wrong way to build a team. This symptomatic of what is wrong with this organization and it starts at the top.
  11. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

737 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Hey, GUYS -------
    That was a comedy article, a SPOOF!!!! And a pretty good one.

You won't ever find an actual interview transcript on anyone.
  12. Bullflop

2,220 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    If it's indeed a fake, let just say I'd be relieved knowing JG actually wasn't being abused and misused to that extent. It's definitely not any kind of interview one would consider to be given by anyone sober or seriously trying to be hired unless it were a ploy to get Garrett to leave. I would surely hope you're right on that, so I'll just assume I've been duped -- at least, I would HOPE as much.
  13. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,911 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    wow I actually thought you were joking about thinking it was real.

wow.....
  14. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,444 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    Nutt is the best available RB Coach.

He has developed more RBs than anyone else.

He wouldn't be a mole. Jerry knows what's going on all the time. He is there every step of the way and in regular communication with the staff.
  15. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,201 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    just...damn.
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    how is houston nutt in any way shape or form the best rb coach possible?

who else has been interested in him?
  17. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I have this BEAUTIFUL piece of property I think you might be interested in! ;)
  18. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Shhhh! ...... I'm trying to sell him piece of property! :laugh2:
  19. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    It's okay...if he's still not 100% sure that the article is a fake, he'll still be interested in that property.

Good grief... :lmao2:
  20. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,440 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    And even to this point still only HOPING he'd been duped. As if the possibility that it could still be a real interview was on the table.

Oh man. I guess I'm probably guilty of piling on at this point. I mean there could be a part of the world that's not exposed to parody or satire after all. People fall for ONION articles all the time. But at the same time, its now been clearly shown that it's a joke. Still not sure after all this.

words fail me.