1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FSSW: Former NFL scout: Cowboys could trade depth

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 9, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,048 Messages
    3,981 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota
    FOXSportsSouthwest.com Special Contributor

May 9, 2012
    CBSSports.com NFL insider Pat Kirwan, a former NFL scout, assistant coach and player personnel director, recently went through all 32 rosters as if he were still in pro personnel and looking for solid roster depth.

He found 10 teams that had positions with enough depth that parting with a player could be an option. The Cowboys were one of those teams, and they actually have two positions with that type of depth, according to Kirwan.

"Keep an eye on the defensive line, where Dallas added Tyrone Crawford in the third round," Kirwan wrote Sunday . "A number of teams would love a shot at 2010 seventh-rounder Sean Lissemore if he were available. As for the corners there are rumors Michael Jenkins is available, but the compensation would have to come way down to make sense."

Read more: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...nding_cowboys.html?blockID=726388&feedID=4680
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....than squirrel poo.......they aren't gonna trade Lissemore for god sakes. Dude is being counted on to really contribute in the dline rotation this season. Jenkins? No crap the compensation would have to come down: and it won't because it SHOULDN'T..the guy is hurt but very talented; KEEP HIM this season and MAKE HIM earn a bigger deal next year with someone else. Trust me, he'll ball his arse off if he knows he HAS to!;)
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,258 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    I have no interest in dealing Lissemore. There's absolutely no way we'd get compensated enough for what his potential warrants. Rather keep him and see if he reaches that potential or not. We don't have much (7th) invested in him..it's not worth it to deal him
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,314 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    Kirwan is a joke. Sean Lissemore is likely going to start this season.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,361 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    I could definitely see Lissemore starting.

If anyone is traded, I would try and trade Spears. That being said, who is going to trade for him, and for what?
  6. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,737 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Trading Spears this year would be too big of a hit.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,606 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    So we should trade depth at 2 of the most important positions to have depth on a defense.....yeah right Pat.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If we trade Lissemore who will be our KR? :D
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,044 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    Kirwan is NOT saying the Cowboys should or are even considering trading Lissemore, he actually says it seems unlikely that they would part with him.

He is just saying that the cowboys have a couple of players on defense that other teams might be interested in.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,759 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    We finally get depth and people want to get rid of it? :laugh2:

I mean to be honest, I'm fine with trading Jenkins if we aren't going to resign him, as long as it's for a 4th or higher, although I'd probably want at least a 3rd.
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,314 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    Dude, he brought it up and he gave only one name on the DL and it was Lissemore. It really doesn't matter if you throw a disclaimer in at the end. Once you pull the idiot lever it's already done.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,044 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    Only problem is he did not pull the idiot lever and if people actually read and comprehended the article they would know that instead of going full bore silly and reacting without thinking. :cool:
  13. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    but what fun is that??? lol
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,446 Messages
    2,308 Likes Received
    :laugh1:

Well that's one way of putting it.
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,779 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    :cool: Hold....the presses. If depth is improving, then when did the GM change?
  16. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,606 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    We could probably get a 3rd for Jenkins as a compensatory pick.

I see no reason to trade him for that, when we could use him this season and he will probably beat out OScan for the #3 CB spot.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,759 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    I think he'll beat Scandrick handily, he's done it before. As far as the 3rd, if we get a comp it's at the end of the round, if we trade him, we would land a pick higher in the round, perhaps significantly higher, but I get your point.

I think he's got more value to us than to any other team right now, so it's tough to get rid of him.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,830 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    Unless we can get a starting high draft pick, C or S there is no point in trading talent.