1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: FSSW Sturm: Cowboys fans should be encouraged by New England game

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NextGenBoys, Oct 17, 2011.

1. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,827 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm is well known and respected in the media regarding the Dallas Cowboys. In my opinion, he's the smartest one out there, who many times looks beyond the first glance, knee jerk reaction. This piece by him is no different.
    --------------------------------------------------

Very few fan bases in the NFL have the audacity to be outraged on the night that their team played on the road as a huge underdog and nearly pulled off the upset. To play on the road against a team that many experts expect to be in the Super Bowl and have them on the ropes for most of the afternoon is usually cause for some level of encouragement this early in the season.

After all, interconference games in mid-October in the NFL have very little permanent effect. They are a chance to measure yourself in a hostile stadium and find out how your franchise can deal with the best in the business on their terms.

Of course, in Dallas, that isn't how things work.

Here, the sniff of a victory comes with the demand for one. If this team came close to showing the NFL that it can handle any situation, then it better leave with the "W" or it will only serve the populace with more evidence that the QB or coach or both are not worthy of the uniform. Those of us who cover the team year after year know that the only thing that satisfies the angry loyalists is victory.

Read more:
    http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...g_cowboys.html?blockID=583776&feedID=4679
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

82,591 Messages
    6,138 Likes Received
    There were some good things in this game but in the end their job is to go out and win games. Dallas did not go to NE to watch the leafs change colors so while there are some positives that you can take from it there is also reasons to be upset that they did not get the job done.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,620 Messages
    4,245 Likes Received
    I feel that way too.

I was disappointed, but also encouraged.

I even thought that way vs the Jets. Few picked us to win at NY, but when we actually played well enough to win, people went nuts when we didn't. They forgot all the good leading up to the loss and only recalled the bad parts. As it turns out, maybe the Jets aren't so hot. They are good at home though.
  4. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The leafs, huh?
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,463 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    Sturm is always good, but the best thing I found on that page was this.

[IMG]

:laugh2:
  6. Doomsday101

82,591 Messages
    6,138 Likes Received
    NE area in fall seems to gather people to watch the changing of the "leaves"

Better? :D
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would be ... if this were 1990 or 1991.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Funny, I don't remember Bob championing moral victories the last several years.
  9. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Moral victories never encourage me. The NFL is a bottom line league either you win or you lose.
  10. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Truth.
  11. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,827 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Absolutely there are reasons to be upset.

There are also reasons to be positive.

Finding a happy medium is crucial. I'd like to believe I'm there, and not a rose glasses wearing homer, nor a doom and gloom hater.
  12. Doomsday101

82,591 Messages
    6,138 Likes Received
    I agree with you. I think we can get this season going and make a real run. There were some good things but I'm also very disappointed in this loss. I felt we had chances and did not take advantage of those chances. I felt we got too conservative and I don't think when you play a team like the Pats you can afford to be conservative. So yes I'm upset with the loss but I'm not throwing in the towel.
  13. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

7,733 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    I am really encouraged by our defense,the return of Hatcher should bolster our pass rush.I am still not convinced about Jason Garrett the play caller.
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

she is to DIE for....yikes.:D
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

5,247 Messages
    1,693 Likes Received
    While the Oline did have a bad game yesterday, wasn't this the same Oline that shut out he "supposedly" best Dline in football two weeks ago? Remember Kosier stoning the best DT in football?

I'm not buying it. Our running game is weak because we are a passing team. We have to pass to set up the run. Yesterday we didn't do that. We played conservative and never threw the ball down field. Everything was short bringing the defense closer to the line of scrimmage.

If Garrett is going to play scared and not take the cuffs off of Tony then he's an idiot. Tony is the reason we will win the game, and if he lose's a few then you live and die by that. But don't handcuff him! Let Romo do what he does best. There will be a lot more to love then hate I promise you that.
  16. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And he was so close to getting a "W" there too.

Let's talk about the positives though. There so many positives in his post after all. He can be taught to spell leaves and be ready the next time. :cool:

:p:
  17. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree, great article but she is EVEN BETTER, LOL!
  18. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    What does Bob know?
  19. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

6,012 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    There was an article by Strurm to be read?
  20. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Is anyone going to post it?