1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FSSW: With the 14th pick, the Cowboys select...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 31, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...obile_landing.html?blockID=699876&feedID=3799

With the 14th pick, the Cowboys select...
    One of the interesting things about NFL teams losing their minds over Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill's recent pro day is that it means the Dallas Cowboys have a better shot at landing an elite player. Of course, owner Jerry Jones is still capable of undermining the entire process if he takes a last-minute call from one of his cronies and big-foots his hard-working scouting department.

But even Jerry could have a hard time screwing up the No. 14 overall pick in this draft, what with all those Alabama players likely available at that point. Head coach Jason Garrett, the master of meritocracy, made a trip to Tuscaloosa for the Crimson Tide's pro day, the only such event he's scheduled to attend in the buildup to the draft. Garrett's only pro day visit last year was to USC to see offensive tackle Tyron Smith in person.

As some of you might recall, FoxSportsSouthwest.com was the first site to predict the Cowboys would select Smith with the ninth overall pick. Yes, I bailed on the pick at the last minute, but let's not dwell on that in this column. This is the point in the pre-draft process where I give you three "locks" for the Cowboys' selection at No. 14. One of these three players will almost certainly be drafted by the Cowboys based on numerous conversations with sources across the league.
  2. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Strange how Mosley keeps claiming this when other websites (CNNSI, for one) had us taking Tyron Smith several months before Mosley did.
  3. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok, I'm getting a little tired of this. It's not like EVERY pick we've made in the first round the past few has been for Jerry's "ego". This schtick is getting old.
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,592 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Somebody has some really, and I mean REALLY low standards.
  5. DON DON

DON DON New Member

28 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yep! Great he gets paid for his opinion!
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,135 Messages
    1,122 Likes Received
    Not that I want him or think he'll be the pick, but what off field baggage?
  7. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,486 Messages
    675 Likes Received