1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FSU FS Terrence Brooks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Feb 13, 2014.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    And my point was that Barry Church is an average player and shouldn't be used as a success story for anything. Try to keep up.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    130+ tackles is average? lol wow
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Yeah because tackling is the only duty of a safety.....the fact that church can't cover for crap is irrelevant because he an inflatated amount of tackles. Got ya.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    The way they play church that is exactly his number one duty. Church can cover just fine for what he's asked to do. Does he get beat yes, does he get the job done too, yes he does. you seem to post alot without knowing what the team asks its players to do.

And so ur basically saying 130 tackle is average then huh
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    I'm not going to argue with you over this. I see a lot of your posts and you're the type of fan that thinks every player on their favorite team is way better than they really are. And hey, good for you for being able to stay positive and have faith. Personally, I cant do that anymore. I've seen the end result 1 too many times now. I don't think Barry Church is a bad player, but he by no means should be used an example of how a franchise should develop players.

And to answer the question in bold.....tackles are a lot like wins for a pitcher in baseball. A more or less meaningless stat that looks good on paper without any context behind it. Why did Church have 130 tackles? Because our front 7 was atrocious and he happened to be the guy standing behind them. Someone has to make the tackle eventually.....
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,793 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    Obviously you havent read my posts because ive argued on both sides of the drafting and not drafting FS. And actually love Brooks as a Fs for Dallas. Try reading more.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,064 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Lol sorry I don't read every post you make, my bad. But I guess we'll just pretend like this whole stupid argument didn't start with me responding to you saying "I want Dallas to run with Wilcox and church".....but it's whatever, I'm done with this. Enjoy your Friday night man
  8. cowboyinwashington

cowboyinwashington New Member

21 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yep, I'm on board with Brooks too if we don't grab Pryor in the 1st or 2nd. Not a big fan of Clinton-Dix, he's solid, but I think Pryor, and Brooks are better.
    CowboysYanksLakers likes this.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,105 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Brooks has serious range...