1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: A week after being a healthy scratch, Marcus Spears is ready to return

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,457 Messages
    4,411 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

For the first time in his career, defensive end Marcus Spears was inactive for a game when he was healthy. The Cowboys instead dressed their six other defensive linemen against the Ravens.

"It was tough. It was tough," Spears said Thursday. "That is not in my hands. The thing about it, through the grace of God, my knee feels 10 times better. That’s how I'm going to look at it. As far those decisions being made, It's not up to me."

"You have to be ready to play," Spears said. "That was the mentality when I was inactive. You have to be ready every week. I have seen this situation a bunch of times. Guys have been inactive, and then end up being key parts of what we are trying to do around here. That’s the mentality that I keep. Obviously, you're damn mad about not playing, but at the end of the day, you have to follow suit."

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...scratch-marcus-spears-is-ready-to-return.html
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,604 Messages
    5,332 Likes Received
    Really like Spears' attitude.
  3. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,355 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Hope he plays with a big chip on the shoulder and stuff the panthers running game.

;)
  4. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    You like Spears' attitude? The same attitude that got him benched in the first place? It is not in his hands? Uh yeah, it is. If you played half as well as your talent would suggest you can, you wouldn't be watching the game from your couch.

He can be mad all he wants or blame his knee all he wants (even though he was fully healthy), he should be mad at himself for playing like a POS.
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,376 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Oh boy. :facepalm:
  6. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Let's see, two first rounders taken that year. One is a sure-fire HOFer, who is about to break the team's all time sack record. The other is not even one of the top six lineman on his team, despite the fact that this line is not exactly the second coming of Doomsday.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,833 Messages
    2,689 Likes Received
    Personally, I think Spears is one of those guys who learned a long time ago to talk a good game in the media. If he played half as well as he talked, he'd be a star. He's always had the ability, even going back to college.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,456 Messages
    3,730 Likes Received
    Pop quiz Marcus - guess who control's that? YOU!
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,640 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    I'm sure he isn't too heartbroken over the matter since he still collects his $5M for this year whether he plays or not.:)

Spears tries hard and has the right attitude. Can't fault him. He's a decent role player. Yeah, not worhty of his 1st rd draft status and nowher close to Ware. But, then again, nowhere near the level of bust as Bobby Carpenter.
  10. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,731 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I like your fire and to the point style buddy.