1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST Blog: Austin hurts hamstring again, Felix separates shoulder, Costa dings knee

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 18, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

The Cowboys are going to go into another week with injury questions.

Miles Austin aggravated a hamstring injury when he ran the ball on the failed third-down that forced the Cowboys to try a field goal to tie the game. He might miss next week’s game.

Running back Felix Jones suffered a separated shoulder early in the game and wore a harness the rest of the way.
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mannnnnn :bang2:
  3. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    DAMN .....DAMN.....DAMMMMMNNNNN

[IMG]
  4. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,267 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    It was that sorry field they have at candlestick
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Austin's injury really hurts.

Being that it came on that run hurts even more. Didn't care for that call at all at the time and it has soured on me even more since. I think it was Billick who was asking why they would run with a WR when they hadn't even lined up in that formation all day.

The OL wasn't getting anything going in terms of running the ball and you turn to a misdirection run with the WR coming out of the backfield.

That's one I wish the team could have back.
  6. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,284 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Figures Miles would get hurt on Garrett's stupid little trick play that fooled nobody.
  7. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He says in the article that it was bothering him before that play.
  8. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    there is this unspoken badge of honor thing in the NFL that I just do not get. On a crucial play like that....why would Miles take the field if he knows he cannot run? Same thing with Dez last week....who could not get open...could not run. Now I get he was out there for a decoy...but a decoy should NOT be the primary target on a game deciding play. And Miles should not have been given the ball on a game deciding play. I am so sick of this. You see it all across the NFL. Fans root for the emblem on the helmet...we like the players...but we are fans of the same team as players come and go. Jessie Holly did JUST FINE. This is selfish and bonehead coaching when injured players feel the need to "cowboy up". It could have cost us the game Miles! Like Dez being targeted so much last week cost us the game!
  9. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,460 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I hate it when players play hurt--especially QBs with rib injuries.
  10. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    different...he could still do his job. Miles said he could not run....which meant he had no chance to pick up the first down. and he fumbled. Dez could not run..could not get seperation....did not eve get Revis tackled on the int. And he did not practice or play this week. He is INJURED...not hurt. Miles is out three weeks. He is INJURED not hurt. Romo has already said he is playing next week. And he clearly could do his job!
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,689 Messages
    3,193 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see who does and doesn't play Monday night.
  12. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,048 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Get the hyperbaric chamber from T.O. Myles has 7 whole days to heal up.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    For a team who lacks depth seems to me some guys stepped in and made plays to help us win. Hard to say what the extent of some of these injuries are just have to wait until the team gets a clear picture of these injuries. In the mean time I would think guys like Dez and Newman should be set to return.
  14. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Yea I would say both Dez and Newman will play this week. The decision to sit him this week instead of play (Newman that is) looks really good now that we won yesterday. Hopefully he's 100% and ready to roll.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The pressure is on Newman and Bryant to get on the field... Guys sacrificed and toughed it out for the victory yesterday, impressive!