1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: FWST Blog: Lions Coach Jim Schwartz PC recap

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,052 Likes Received
    Lions don't have Marion Barber's hair to yank down anymore... at least not at Cowboys Stadium

The Lions will play in Cowboys Stadium for the second consecutive year. Last year's game was the "backup bowl," Cowboys backup quarterback Jon Kitna, a former Lion, took on Lions backup quarterback Shaun Hill. The Cowboys won 35-19, but the Lions still contend a little help from the officials helped the Cowboys' cause.

"It was called," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said Wednesday on a conference call with the media at Valley Ranch. "We didn’t do a very good job of responding to it. I know if we had held the Cowboys to a field goal there, that’s a completely different game, because we’re within one score and our offense had been moving the ball. Our job isn’t to officiate. Our job is to play. After that call was made, we gave up a touchdown. We can’t complain.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...marion-barbers-hair-to-yank-down-anymore.html

Remember Bobby Carpenter?

Bobby Carpenter has been with three teams, traded once and cut twice. Six years into a disappointing NFL career, Carpenter still is earning a living at football.

"Bobby has done very well for us," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "We are very fortunate to get him last year. He played some very good football for us down the stretch. Every time we put him in the game, he had tackles. He is an excellent pass defender. That’s probably the strength of his game. He did a good job on special teams. He’s a big part of our linebacker corps. He’s in different packages. He’s a very good cover guy, productive tackling, and he’s extremely conscientious. He’s just a very smart player. We’re very happy to have him."

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2011/09/remember-bobby-carpenter.html
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    If Barbie Carpenter makes a play this weekend to beat us....then

i will have to live with it ;-)
  3. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    There's something about how Schwartz looks that just bugs me,,,

[IMG]
  4. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Active Member

713 Messages
    67 Likes Received
  5. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    29 Likes Received

hhahaha, i was just looking for a Martin Short pic to post.
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Same here. He reminds me of those ROTC dorks in high school. Those kids that wore camoflouge to school.
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    bobby carpenter will shut jason witten down.....you heard it here first folks:cool:

Who will tony throw to then????

TO BE CONTINUED
  8. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    He kinda reminds me of Bubby Brister
  9. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    773 Likes Received
  10. Wolfpack