1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys notes: Injured newcomers say they'll return soon

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Active Member

13,343 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Cowboys notes: Injured newcomers say they'll return soon

By Jimmy Burch

jburch@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- Dallas Cowboys right guard Mackenzy Bernadeau and receiver Danny Coale, two players who will begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list, said Friday they anticipate returning soon.

Bernadeau, who is coming off hip surgery, said he "felt fluid" in workouts Friday with a resistance cord and is experiencing no pain in his leg. Bernadeau, a free-agent signee, is expected to start at guard and also work at center.

He said he has been using the resistance cord for roughly a week. The drill usually is one of the final steps in the rehab process.

"I'm getting closer every day. I'm getting better every day," Bernadeau said. "The leg's a little stronger. I'm pushing it more and being more active. I'm feeling good. I can't wait to get in pads and go at it. When that will be, we don't know. But I'm feeling great."

Coale, a fifth-round pick from Virginia Tech, underwent surgery on his right foot in April. He ran during Friday's workout and made his first cuts to test the surgical repairs. Coale deemed it a success, although he said the change-of-direction work was not "real wide-receiver cutting or anything like that."...

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/07/27/4132619/cowboys-notes-injured-newcomers.html#storylink=cpy