1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys' sharp effort equals Giant surprise

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 6, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,603 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Cowboys' sharp effort equals Giant surprise
    By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

chill@star-telegram.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Don't call it redemption because the Dallas Cowboys can never make up for the bitter pain of last season.

But there was something truly satisfying about Wednesday night's 24-17 victory over the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants in the NFL season kickoff game before 82,287 fans at MetLife Stadium.

"I did a high-five when I saw the schedule. I knew that if we could win a good game like this against the defending Super Bowl champions, it was a good opportunity," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "Always relish the opportunity; it will do wonders for our team."

Quarterback Tony Romo had three touchdown passes and was 22 of 29 passing. Receiver Kevin Ogletree answered any concerns about the team's third receiver with eight catches for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

No catch was bigger than the 15-yard gain he had on third and 12 with 2:11 remaining in the game...

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/09/06/4234430/cowboys-sharp-effort-equals-giant.html#storylink=cpy