1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys think Romo has a leadership style 'where guys listen to him'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 18, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,064 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Tony Romo said sitting out the spring practices gave him a different perspective on practice, allowing him to talk to players about mistakes on the spot, rather than having to wait until the film room.

It wasn’t exactly how the Cowboys would have designed it, but an increased vocal presence is exactly what they were looking for from the veteran quarterback this year.

“We talked to him very specifically in the beginning of the offseason – we wanted more of that from him,” coach Jason Garrett said last week as the veteran mini-camp wrapped up at Valley Ranch. “I think he embraced the role. I think any quarterback would. He has a real knack for a leadership style where guys listen to him.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...to-him-and-told-him-they-want-to-see-mor.html
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I don't think leadership is or has been the issue, I think it is something that people will point to when a team is not living up to the expectations.

Winning cures all that ails you
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    Anyone realize that at 33 years old I believe Romo is the oldest player on the roster now?
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    They may listen but are they willing to follow? :D
  5. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    If Romo was a natural leader, this wouldn't be necessary. Neither would all these articles trying to convince us of it.
  6. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,217 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    I did not realize that. After looking over our roster, other than on the dline, we have a pretty young squad.
  7. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Since Brian Moorman and Kenyon Coleman are gone now, yeah.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Just off the top of my head, i would think Will Allen might be older. Certainly LP has to be older.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,064 Likes Received
    31 and 32 respectively...
  10. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Really?

LP being only 32 suprises the hell outta me. Seems like the guy has been around here forever, ha.